Default Bush's ability to fool people diminishes

Harry Krause wrote:
startribune.com
Editorial: Bush creates illusion of progress in Iraq

What I loved about the speech is that Bush said that we will be
victorious! How many times will we have victory in Iraq? We had victory
in the beginning (remember "Mission Accomplished"). Then, when the
Iraqis got their constitution in order, Bush declared again that we had
won in Iraq. Now, he's telling the naval cadets that we'll have victory
in Iraq!!!!

Did you notice that when Bush told the cadets that they were heroes
because they put on a military uniform during a war, that there were
hardly any applause? Those men and women probably didn't think an idiot
could be elected twice!!

Bert Robbins

wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
startribune.com
Editorial: Bush creates illusion of progress in Iraq

What I loved about the speech is that Bush said that we will be
victorious! How many times will we have victory in Iraq? We had victory
in the beginning (remember "Mission Accomplished"). Then, when the
Iraqis got their constitution in order, Bush declared again that we had
won in Iraq. Now, he's telling the naval cadets that we'll have victory
in Iraq!!!!

They aren't "naval cadets", see below.

Did you notice that when Bush told the cadets that they were heroes
because they put on a military uniform during a war, that there were
hardly any applause? Those men and women probably didn't think an idiot
could be elected twice!!

I do believe that they have cadets at the US Military Academy and the US Air
Force Academy but, at the US Naval Academy the what you would call students
are actually Midshipmen. Midshipmen is a rank and not a title.

Most people in the military don't want praise or adulation for their
unselfish service.

Bert Robbins wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
[...]

Big ****ing deal! That certainly doesn't deter from the fact that they
weren't thrilled with BushCo.

Most people in the military don't want praise or adulation for their
unselfish service.

Odd, then why when Bush "landed" on the aircraft carrier, the personnel
when nuts? How come when he "served turkey" in Iraq, THEY went nuts?

John H.

On 1 Dec 2005 06:08:39 -0800, wrote:

Bert Robbins wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
[...]

Were you watching the live speech, or a follow-up on NBC. The Midshipmen must
have stopped the speech with applause 25 times.

Most people in the military don't want praise or adulation for their
unselfish service.

Odd, then why when Bush "landed" on the aircraft carrier, the personnel
when nuts? How come when he "served turkey" in Iraq, THEY went nuts?

Because they like Bush!
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Self-obsessed Hypocrite]
John H.

On 1 Dec 2005 06:10:05 -0800, wrote:

John H. wrote:
On 1 Dec 2005 05:26:17 -0800,
wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
startribune.com
Editorial: Bush creates illusion of progress in Iraq

What I loved about the speech is that Bush said that we will be
victorious! How many times will we have victory in Iraq? We had victory
in the beginning (remember "Mission Accomplished"). Then, when the
Iraqis got their constitution in order, Bush declared again that we had
won in Iraq. Now, he's telling the naval cadets that we'll have victory
in Iraq!!!!

The mission for which the aircraft carrier was in Iraq, the defeat of Saddam's
military, was accomplished. The defeat of terrorism has yet to be accomplished.

Did you notice that when Bush told the cadets that they were heroes
because they put on a military uniform during a war, that there were
hardly any applause? Those men and women probably didn't think an idiot
could be elected twice!!

Most in uniform would not give a hand to themselves when someone pays them a
compliment.
--
John H

The personnel on the aircraft carrier that Bush "landed" on must not
have read that in the manual.
The personnel that Bush "served turkey" to must not have read that in
the manual either.

They must not have read what? No where in the manual does it say a serviceman
can't cheer his president.

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 09:26:38 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:
startribune.com
Editorial: Bush creates illusion of progress in Iraq

What I loved about the speech is that Bush said that we will be
victorious! How many times will we have victory in Iraq? We had victory
in the beginning (remember "Mission Accomplished"). Then, when the
Iraqis got their constitution in order, Bush declared again that we had
won in Iraq. Now, he's telling the naval cadets that we'll have victory
in Iraq!!!!

Did you notice that when Bush told the cadets that they were heroes
because they put on a military uniform during a war, that there were
hardly any applause? Those men and women probably didn't think an idiot
could be elected twice!!

I'd like Bush to define what he means by victory, and the specific
measurements by which he will order all our troops home from Iraq.

Betcha he can't.

VICTORY IN IRAQ DEFINED

As the central front in the global war on terror, success in Iraq is an
essential element in the long war against the ideology that breeds international
terrorism. Unlike past wars, however, victory in Iraq will not come in the form
of an enemy's surrender, or be signaled by a single particular event -- there
will be no Battleship Missouri, no Appomattox. The ultimate victory will be
achieved in stages, and we expect:

* In the short term:
o An Iraq that is making steady progress in fighting terrorists and
neutralizing the insurgency, meeting political milestones; building democratic
institutions; standing up robust security forces to gather intelligence, destroy
terrorist networks, and maintain security; and tackling key economic reforms to
lay the foundation for a sound economy.
* In the medium term:
o An Iraq that is in the lead defeating terrorists and insurgents and
providing its own security, with a constitutional, elected government in place,
providing an inspiring example to reformers in the region, and well on its way
to achieving its economic potential.
* In the longer term:
o An Iraq that has defeated the terrorists and neutralized the
insurgency.
o An Iraq that is peaceful, united, stable, democratic, and secure,
where Iraqis have the institutions and resources they need to govern themselves
justly and provide security for their country.
o An Iraq that is a partner in the global war on terror and the fight
against the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, integrated into the
international community, an engine for regional economic growth, and proving the
fruits of democratic governance to the region.

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:03:24 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

John H. wrote:

Were you watching the live speech, or a follow-up on NBC. The Midshipmen must
have stopped the speech with applause 25 times.

Was someone holding up an APPLAUSE sign, or was Bush waiting at the
APPLAUSE points? The applause was polite, not enthusiastic, as if
someone said, "hey, applaud 25 times and get an extra helping of pudding
tonight."

It's pretty sad when the POTUS is so afraid of the public he'll only
appear in front of audiences who have to show him respect or they'll be
in trouble.

It's pretty honorable that the POTUS would give an Iraq speech to aspiring
military leaders.

Your (and Kevin's) argument that 'the applause was weak' is hilarious!
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Self-obsessed Hypocrite]
thunder

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:04:12 -0500, John H. wrote:

VICTORY IN IRAQ DEFINED

Redefined is more like it. What ever happened to democracy breaking out
all over the middle east? Quite similar to the WMD mutating to the WMD
programs, don't you think? So John, when is this administration going to
stop the BS, and try a little honesty?