John H.

Default Bush's ability to fool people diminishes

On 1 Dec 2005 05:26:17 -0800, wrote:

Harry Krause wrote:
startribune.com
Editorial: Bush creates illusion of progress in Iraq

What I loved about the speech is that Bush said that we will be
victorious! How many times will we have victory in Iraq? We had victory
in the beginning (remember "Mission Accomplished"). Then, when the
Iraqis got their constitution in order, Bush declared again that we had
won in Iraq. Now, he's telling the naval cadets that we'll have victory
in Iraq!!!!

The mission for which the aircraft carrier was in Iraq, the defeat of Saddam's
military, was accomplished. The defeat of terrorism has yet to be accomplished.

Did you notice that when Bush told the cadets that they were heroes
because they put on a military uniform during a war, that there were
hardly any applause? Those men and women probably didn't think an idiot
could be elected twice!!

Most in uniform would not give a hand to themselves when someone pays them a
compliment.
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"
[A Self-obsessed Hypocrite]