BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bush's ability to fool people diminishes (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/63568-re-bushs-ability-fool-people-diminishes.html)

thunder December 1st 05 09:22 PM

Bush's ability to fool people diminishes

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:06:25 +0000, Doug Kanter wrote:

Legitimate right.....you mean, sort of what WE would do here in this
country if we were invaded by some yahoo with an erection problem, and we
had the weaponry to have some fun with his soldiers?

It was a "forced" statement in trying to work out their differences, but
it still seems to contradict this administration's "rosy scenario". The
Iraqis seem to be an incredibly resilient people, but whew, there is so
much to overcome.

I'm also curious what happens to the neo-cons dream of a base in Iraq,
when, the Iraqis tell us to get out.

NOYB December 1st 05 10:04 PM

Bush's ability to fool people diminishes

"thunder" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:56:08 -0500, John H. wrote:

Show us where over 80% of the Iraqis have said they want us out *now*. Of
course they want us out. The question is 'when'?

Perhaps next year. Interesting to note, the Iraqi leadership doesn't
consider killing American soldiers terrorism, but a "legitimate right" of
resistance.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...431131,00.html

"The final communique, hammered out at the end of three days of
negotiations at a preparatory reconciliation conference under the auspices
of the Arab League, condemned terrorism, but was a clear acknowledgment of
the Sunni position that insurgents should not be labeled as terrorists if
their operations do not target innocent civilians or institutions designed
to provide for the welfare of Iraqi citizens. "

I agree. But the ones using car bombs to indiscriminately kill and
terrorize the civilian population, or destroy institutions designed to
provide for the welfare of those citizens, are absolutely "terrorists".

In other words, almost all of the IED attacks are being done by terrorists.

NOYB December 1st 05 10:07 PM

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
thunder wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 21:06:25 +0000, Doug Kanter wrote:

Legitimate right.....you mean, sort of what WE would do here in this
country if we were invaded by some yahoo with an erection problem, and
we
had the weaponry to have some fun with his soldiers?

It was a "forced" statement in trying to work out their differences, but
it still seems to contradict this administration's "rosy scenario". The
Iraqis seem to be an incredibly resilient people, but whew, there is so
much to overcome. I'm also curious what happens to the neo-cons dream of
a base in Iraq,
when, the Iraqis tell us to get out.

NOYB's going to pop over there with his BB gun and force them to keep us
there.

The Iraqis will never tell us to get out. The deal has already been struck:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...iraq-intro.htm

NOYB December 2nd 05 12:23 AM

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
thunder wrote:
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 10:04:12 -0500, John H. wrote:

VICTORY IN IRAQ DEFINED
Redefined is more like it. What ever happened to democracy
breaking out
all over the middle east? Quite similar to the WMD mutating to
the WMD
programs, don't you think? So John, when is this
administration going to
stop the BS, and try a little honesty?
It's not defined at all. It's nothing but paragraphs that can be
interpreted any way the misAdministration pleases.
"Longer term, Iraq is peaceful, united, stable, and secure, well
integrated into the international community, and a full partner
in the global war on terrorism."
Wiggle words, especially the way the Bush misAdministration lies.

What does the Administration mean, precisely, by:

peaceful

Does that mean no insurgent attacks? Only 10 a day? What?

united

Now that's an interesting word, since many believe Iraq is going
to divide into two or three nation-states.

stable

Not in anyone's lifetime

secure

What does that mean?

well-integrated

Another wiggle word.

Sorry. Too much room in these phrases for Presidummy Bush to lie
as usual about Iraq.

The key phrase is "full partner in the global war on terrorism".
In other words, Iraq allows us to establish permanent bases in
Iraq from which we can launch attacks against terrorist factions
in the region.
The Iraqis want us out of their country.
You asked them?

They've been asked, more than once. Get your nose out of Faux and
NewsMax.
"Since 1998, Al Qaida has repeatedly cited Vietnam, Beirut, and
Somalia, as examples to encourage more attacks against America and
our interests overseas."

Bush didn't just make this up. From bin Laden's 1996 Declaration of
War on the United States:

"But your most disgraceful case was in Somalia; where- after
vigorous propaganda about the power of the USA and its post cold war
leadership of the new world order- you moved tens of thousands of
international force, including twenty eight thousands American
solders into Somalia. However, when tens of your solders were killed
in minor battles and one American Pilot was dragged in the streets of
Mogadishu you left the area carrying disappointment, humiliation,
defeat and your dead with you. Clinton appeared in front of the whole
world threatening and promising revenge , but these threats were
merely a preparation for withdrawal. You have been disgraced by Allah
and you withdrew; the extent of your impotence and weaknesses became
very clear. It was a pleasure for the "heart" of every Muslim and a
remedy to the "chests" of believing nations to see you defeated in
the three Islamic cities of Beirut , Aden and Mogadishu."

Your second bite of the apple has nothing to do with the fact that
Iraqis have told us they want us out of their country.

Terrorists...espouse the extreme goals of Osama Bin Laden - chaos in
Iraq which will allow them to establish a base for toppling Iraq's
neighbors and launching attacks outside the region and against the U.S.
homeland.

Do you not agree with that assessment?

I can site examples from bin Laden's 1996 Fatwa once again if you'd
like.

We're obviously not discussing the same issue. Iraqis have been surveyed
by several different organizations, and their opinion is, they want us
out.

Americans have been surveyed too. And almost half think we should cut
and run. That doesn't make them right.

We were the victors in Iraq, so we get set the timetable for our
withdrawal.

That's crap, but you are welcome to believe it.
I really think you should go over there, and bring your wife and kids.
I'm sure our soldiers there could use some first-class non-military dental
care.

There's a reason why soldiers need to be 18 years old, and have gone
through boot camp before going over there. You think my 2 1/2, 4, or 6 year
old is as capable in defending himself as an 18 to 24 year old?

NOYB December 2nd 05 01:00 AM

thunder wrote:
[...]

If we were the victors in Iraq, why should that concern you?

The North was the victor over the South in our Civil War, but how long did
it take before it was safe for a black man to venture into some areas of the
deep South?