BoatBanter.com

-   -   So where is...................... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/63234-so-where.html)

John H. November 27th 05 01:18 PM

So where is......................

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:26:45 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Don White wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

By the way, when you gave up your part-time government job to join the
marines, you didn't get out of a government job. You simply traded one
for another. Soldiering is a government job.

Bert thought 'Uncle Sam' was a long lost relative.

That must be it. A soldier is just another government worker.

Seems to apply, doesn't it, Harry?

Narcissists are generally contemptuous of others. This seems to spring, at base, from
their general lack of empathy, and it comes out as (at best) a dismissive attitude
towards other people's feelings, wishes, needs, concerns, standards, property, work,
etc. It is also connected to their overall negative outlook on life
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Self-obsessed Hypocrite

John H. November 27th 05 01:19 PM

So where is......................

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:28:40 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:

So, we both worked jobs when we were teens. Big deal.
I was still in high school when I was working for Uncle Sam part time, 20
hours per week. I gave it all up to become a US Marine and it was the
best thing I ever did by getting out of a government job wherer you could
advance on your own merits you had to wait until you did the time just
like the other guys, who were sitting around just collecting a paycheck.

I was the manager of a QA team when I was 25 years old and I was bringing
home $40K per year. Pretty good mone for the mid '80's.

So, can you quantify "considerably more?"

Sure I can quantify it, but why?

By the way, when you gave up your part-time government job to join the
marines, you didn't get out of a government job. You simply traded one for
another. Soldiering is a government job.

Why not answer his question instead of attacking him Harry?

Why should I reveal what my annual earnings are? Hell, you won;t even
tell people what you do for a living.

Ring any bells, Harry?

"Narcissists don't volunteer the usual personal information about themselves, so they
may seem secretive or perhaps unusually reserved or very jealous of their privacy.
All these things are true, but with the special narcissistic twist that, first, their
real life isn't interesting to them so it doesn't occur to them that it would be
interesting to anyone else and, second, since they have not yet been transfigured
into the Star of the Universe, they're ashamed of their real life."

Sir Rodney Smithers November 27th 05 01:28 PM

So where is......................

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
. ..
My part time job was converted to full time the day I graduated from HS.
Working as a civilian in government is a job. Serving in the US military
is an honor and privilege.

Not only that, but it is an adventure. ; )

Bert, Harry has spent all of his life looking for acceptance. He hates it
when someone finds acceptance and happiness.

His only retort when he talks to someone who seems to enjoy his life or
finds self gratification in his life and job is to try to demean that
persons success.

Harry is jealous because he is still desperately looking for something he
will never find. He knows his life is over, is upset that he is forced to
spend his waking hours in rec.boats belittling others. We really should
feel sorry for him, but he makes it so difficult. He reminds me of a
psychotic I saw at the supermarket the other day. She was walking around
screaming and cussing at people, scratching people's car with her keys etc.
When the cops finally arrived, her response/excuse was that the meds made
her sleepy, and that is why she is so obnoxious. Even if the meds make
Harry sleepy, he needs to take them.

John H. November 27th 05 01:35 PM

So where is......................

Worth a double reading, Harry!

*JimH* November 27th 05 02:16 PM

So where is......................

Bert Robbins wrote:

[...]

And why do you need to know that information?

*JimH* November 27th 05 02:37 PM

So where is......................

Bert Robbins wrote:

[...]

Why does Bert or anyone else here need to know my annual earnings?

I was curious at one point at what you did for a living. Not where you
worked, but whether you were an Indian chief, a rug salesman, or whatever.
It was just curiosity. Why, do you think if you told me you were sales
manager for company that made processing products, that would be too
revealing? You, Smithers, Robbins, and the rest of the righties are very,
very close about yourselves, but you sure don't mind talking in depth
about the lives of others...right?

Nope.

Don White November 27th 05 03:11 PM

So where is......................

Bert Robbins wrote:

[...]

That's easy...he preaches to the gullible.

Sir Rodney Smithers November 27th 05 03:12 PM

The "secretive" righties here.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Well, well, well, a bit of honesty at last. You and your gang enjoy
talking up the lives of others, but you sure want to keep your lives a
secret.

Harry,
What do you mean, "You and your gang"?

I for one have no problems telling anyone what I do for fun, besides
boating, where I went to school, or any aspect of my life. I just know it
bugs the heck out of you that you don't know anything personal about me, so
I don't tell you. Your favorite past time is to know someone's address, so
you can make fun of their city, to find a picture of someone's home, so you
can make fun of the style of home, it's estimated value etc., their marital
status, so you can use that to insult people. I am proud of my life, my
wife, my kids. I don't need to seek acceptance in rec.boats.

Sir Rodney Smithers November 27th 05 03:16 PM

So where is......................

Don,

You really should not make fun of Harry, he will start to attack you, your
city and your accent, your lifestyle etc..

I for one enjoy people with different perspectives and outlooks on the
world, so it is better if you poke some fun at me. I enjoy your humor.

Don White November 27th 05 03:19 PM

Bert Robbins wrote:

Actually, Don, it was two tall Sam's at dinner tonight.

I don't care about your sex life...I'm more concerned about your drinking!