BoatBanter.com

-   -   So where is...................... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/63234-so-where.html)

Don White November 27th 05 03:49 AM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

*JimH* wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

Bert Robbins wrote:
et al.

Is Don giving you a reach around by sticking up for him?

Is that why JimH was so quick to your defense.

I did not defend anyone Don. I just asked why you find it necessary to
put people down and insult them. I have yet to see an answer from you on
that question.

Could have sworn I answered that hours ago.
You'd better double check.

Oops. Cannot find it. Can you post an answer again on why you like to
insult folks here? And please don't give me that jughead-jarhead spin you
tried to pull. ;-)

Sorry...if you don't like the answer...don't ask the question.

*JimH* November 27th 05 03:54 AM

So where is......................

"Don White" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

*JimH* wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

Bert Robbins wrote:
et al.

Is Don giving you a reach around by sticking up for him?

Is that why JimH was so quick to your defense.

I did not defend anyone Don. I just asked why you find it necessary to
put people down and insult them. I have yet to see an answer from you
on that question.

Could have sworn I answered that hours ago.
You'd better double check.

Oops. Cannot find it. Can you post an answer again on why you like to
insult folks here? And please don't give me that jughead-jarhead spin
you tried to pull. ;-)

Sorry...if you don't like the answer...don't ask the question.

LOL!

So why do you continue to insult and personally attack folks here Don? You
did so again just a few minutes ago.

Don White November 27th 05 03:56 AM

So where is......................

*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Bert Robbins wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

Bert Robbins wrote:
et al.

Is Don giving you a reach around by sticking up for him?

Is that why JimH was so quick to your defense. Oh oh...you've let the
cat out of the bag...er closet.
On our side of the fence that behavior isn't tolerated.

I thouth that you side of the fence was the side that embraced tolerance
for all. But, I guess you are just a bunch of mindless LiberaBorg.

** "I thouth that you side of the fence" ** ...... oh, oh!
Bert's at the wine again. You should see if JimH can get you some of his
'church wine' dirt cheap. More economical when you swill it by the gallon.

More personal attacks and insults Don? Why? Do you get enjoyment from
that?

So you won't share the 'church wine' with Bert?

P. Fritz November 27th 05 04:54 AM

So where is......................

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:

Sure, Bertbrain, I'm going to spend 10 seconds of my life indulging
your fantasies and obsessions about me, As to what I would say or

not
say or complain or not complain about, you're projecting.

You're just another member of the "Obsessed with Harry Club"

asshole,
and the presentation of your "work product" here is proof.

By the way, am I supposed to "care" that when you jerk off, you

think
of me?
You can't argue with facts can you?
Told you, I wouldn't spend 10 seconds indulging your fantasies and
obsessions about me. You really think I care what a piece of crap

like
you posts? Really? You'd be wrong.

You can't stop responding ot my messages. You have an infatuation with

me
at the least.

You're an object of derision, Bertbrain, nothing more. A piece of clay
with which to twiddle when no one worth having an adult discussion with

is
around here.

How the hell do you every hold down a job when all you do is post
articles on USENET all day long?
It's simple, Bert. About a year or so ago, you used to claim that you
earned much more than I did. When I asked once how you would have

such
knowledge, your response was that you "just knew."

Ok, I earned about $115K last year. What did you earn?

Considerably more.

Can you quantify considerably?

"Narcissists are grandiose. They live in an artificial self invented
from
fantasies of absolute or perfect power, genius, beauty, etc. Normal
people's
fantasies of themselves, their wishful thinking, take the form of
stories --
these stories often come from movies or TV, or from things they've read or
that were read to them as children. They involve a plot, heroic activity
or
great accomplishments or adventu normal people see themselves in
action,
however preposterous or even impossible that action may be -- they see
themselves doing things that earn them honor, glory, love, riches, fame,
and
they see these fantasy selves as personal potentials, however tenuous"

You can tell everyone you earned more but, you will know forever that

earned more than you! And, this was for working one job.

There you go again, Bert. I am a consultant. I don't have a "job,"

other
than to work as the main employee of my little company. I have clients.

have seven clients at present. Does that mean I have seven jobs?

I know what a consultant is Harry. The last time I did consulting I

under
bid myself. I bid $85 per hour when it should have been $124 per hour.

really screwed that one up.

"Narcissists have strange work habits. Normal people work for a goal or
product, even if the goal is only a paycheck. Normal people measure things
by how much they have to spend (in time, work, energy) to get the desired
results. Normal people desire idleness from time to time, usually wanting
as
much free time as they can get to pursue their own thoughts and pleasures
and interests. Narcissists work for a goal, too, but it's a different
goal:
they want power, authority, adulation. Lacking empathy, and lacking also
context and affect, narcissists don't understand how people achieve glory
and high standing; they think it's all arbitrary, it's all appearances,
it's
all who you know. So they try to attach themselves to people who already
have what they want, meanwhile making a great show of working hard."

Well, Bert. I'm a lot smarter than you are. How do I know that? I

just
know. I do what I want to do, when I want to do it, and earn whatever
amount of money I feel like earning. And you can't figure out how.

What degree(s) do you hold and how can it be verified? I don't have a
college degree, how's that for honesty, and I manage to be smart

enough
to earn more than you.

There you go again, Bert, making two claims you cannot verify.

Really, I don't have a college degree and I do make more than you,
considerably more than you. Can you put a number on your assertion of
considerably more?

Bert Robbins of Gaithersburg, ex-Marine reservist. And usenet jerk
still.

Former Marine and proud of my military service. Did I mention that I
worked for USDA for three years, when I was 17, 18 and 19 years old,

as a
computer programmer.

That's nice. When I was 17 and still in high school, I worked as a copy
writer and proofreader for a manufacturer in New Haven who sold

products
to industrial companies. When I was 18, 19, and 20, I was in college

but I
worked crappy part-time campus jobs, and in the summers, I worked as a

and
as a boiler maintenance man and welder for a steam and fire tube boiler
company. The summer after my junior year of college, I was hired as a
reporter by The Kansas City Star, and I continued working there

full-time
in the evenings while completing my senior year of college.

I worked on Carters ill-fated Zero-Based budgeting system for the USDA.

And,
on November 5th of 2000 we just stopped all work and tried to figure out
what was next thing that needed to be automated or improved.

So, we both worked jobs when we were teens. Big deal.

I was still in high school when I was working for Uncle Sam part time,

20
hours per week. I gave it all up to become a US Marine and it was the

best
thing I ever did by getting out of a government job wherer you could

advance
on your own merits you had to wait until you did the time just like the
other guys, who were sitting around just collecting a paycheck.

I was the manager of a QA team when I was 25 years old and I was

bringing
home $40K per year. Pretty good mone for the mid '80's.

So, can you quantify "considerably more?"

P. Fritz November 27th 05 04:59 AM

So where is......................

Bert Robbins wrote:

So, we both worked jobs when we were teens. Big deal.

I was still in high school when I was working for Uncle Sam part time,

20
hours per week. I gave it all up to become a US Marine and it was the
best thing I ever did by getting out of a government job wherer you

could
advance on your own merits you had to wait until you did the time just
like the other guys, who were sitting around just collecting a

paycheck.

I was the manager of a QA team when I was 25 years old and I was

bringing
home $40K per year. Pretty good mone for the mid '80's.

So, can you quantify "considerably more?"

Sure I can quantify it, but why?

By the way, when you gave up your part-time government job to join the
marines, you didn't get out of a government job. You simply traded one

for
another. Soldiering is a government job.

Why not answer his question instead of attacking him Harry?

"Narcissists are noted for their negative, pessimistic, cynical, or gloomy
outlook on life. Sarcasm seems to be a narcissistic specialty, not to
mention spite. Lacking love and pleasure, they don't have a good reason
for
anything they do and they think everyone else is just like them, except
they're honest and the rest of us are hypocrites. Nothing real is ever
perfect enough to satisfy them, so are they are constantly complaining and
criticizing -- to the point of verbal abuse and insult. "

Sir Rodney Smithers November 27th 05 12:00 PM

So where is......................

JohnH,
That is the reason why Harry doesn't allow his posts to be archived.

"John H." wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 17:47:47 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Bert Robbins wrote:

[...]

By the way, while I do work from time to time as a consultant to labor
unions, my two biggest accounts are not in the union or union-related
business.

Bert Robbins of Gaithersburg, ex-Marine reservist. And usenet jerk still.

The most telling thing that narcissists do is contradict themselves. They
will do this virtually in the same sentence, without even stopping to take
a breath.
--
John H

"It's not a *baby* kicking, beautiful bride, it's just a fetus!"

A Famous Self-obsessed Hypocrite

Sir Rodney Smithers November 27th 05 12:02 PM

So where is......................

JimH,
The answer I thought was so funny was concerning the old Beatles song.

"What they need is a damn good whacking".

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Sir Rodney Smithers November 27th 05 12:04 PM

So where is......................

Harry,
Since you can make so much money consulting, why don't you actually work at
consulting. You post more in rec.boats than all the "righties" put
together. Heck, you can't take a day off, even when you are on "vacation"
or have a house full of guests.

Eisboch wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

There you go again, Bert. I am a consultant. I don't have a "job," other
than to work as the main employee of my little company. I have clients.
I have seven clients at present. Does that mean I have seven jobs?

In the little corner of the world I worked in, a "consultant" was an
unemployed engineer.

Eisboch :-)

Not in Washington, D.C. Consulting is the big biz here, after law.

--
January 20th, 2009: Hang in there, America!

Bert Robbins November 27th 05 01:14 PM

So where is......................

Bert Robbins wrote:

So, we both worked jobs when we were teens. Big deal.

I was still in high school when I was working for Uncle Sam part time, 20
hours per week. I gave it all up to become a US Marine and it was the
best thing I ever did by getting out of a government job wherer you could
advance on your own merits you had to wait until you did the time just
like the other guys, who were sitting around just collecting a paycheck.

I was the manager of a QA team when I was 25 years old and I was bringing
home $40K per year. Pretty good mone for the mid '80's.

So, can you quantify "considerably more?"

Sure I can quantify it, but why?

I knew you wouldn't put a specific number out. It is not in your nature to
be honest.

By the way, when you gave up your part-time government job to join the
marines, you didn't get out of a government job. You simply traded one for
another. Soldiering is a government job.

My part time job was converted to full time the day I graduated from HS.
Working as a civilian in government is a job. Serving in the US military is
an honor and privilege.

Bert Robbins November 27th 05 01:17 PM

So where is......................

"Don White" wrote in message
Bert Robbins wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

Bert Robbins wrote:
et al.

Is Don giving you a reach around by sticking up for him?

Is that why JimH was so quick to your defense. Oh oh...you've let the
cat out of the bag...er closet.
On our side of the fence that behavior isn't tolerated.

I thouth that you side of the fence was the side that embraced tolerance
for all. But, I guess you are just a bunch of mindless LiberaBorg.

** "I thouth that you side of the fence" ** ...... oh, oh!
Bert's at the wine again. You should see if JimH can get you some of his
'church wine' dirt cheap. More economical when you swill it by the gallon.

Actually, Don, it was two tall Sam's at dinner tonight.