NOYB

Default Could have a new boat by Saturday

wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
I just sent the check to the surveyor yesterday. Survey is being done
on
Friday. I'm looking at the boat on Saturday. The official survey
won't
be
sent to me until Monday or Tuesday, but the surveyor said that he'd
give
me
a verbal thumbs up or down by Saturday.

By Saturday at noon, I could be burning $350 worth of gas travelling
on
the
boat en route to Naples from the seller's marina near Tampa.

What marina?

Yeah, right. Like I would tell you so that you can monkey with the
surveyor
and/or seller.

I'll post the marina's name on Sunday when I get back to Naples...after
the
sale goes through.

Jeez, you're paranoid little putz, aren't you? By telling the name of
the marina, how would anybody know who the surveyor, or owner was? It's
odd that every time that Harry mentions buying or selling something,
you all pig pile on, asking for all the details, and if they aren't
given, you call him a liar. Have an Ybor Gold for me, it's good stuff.

I never call Harry a liar. I believe that he owns the boats that he says he
does, and he has done the things that he says he has. But I'm pretty sure
that the lobster boat is co-owned with somebody else.

As for you...
I don't believe you have a *real* engineering degree. Possibly an
engineering technology degree...but certainly not a real, honest-to-goodness
bachelor degree in engineering.

Sir Rodney Smithers

NOYB,
Can you imagine any project Kevin worked on? Kevin has never been one to
show any attention to detail that one would expect from an engineer.

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...

wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
[...]

"NOYB" wrote in message
nk.net...
I never call Harry a liar. I believe that he owns the boats that he says
he does, and he has done the things that he says he has. But I'm pretty
sure that the lobster boat is co-owned with somebody else.

OK NOYB, I will bet you $10,000 that Harry does not own the Lobster Boat and
has not graduated from Yale. ; )

Sir Rodney Smithers

Kevin,
What was the venue the saw the APO perform?

wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Edit Kevin,
What was the venue where you saw the APO perform?

wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
[...]

John H.

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:47:36 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 02:43:25 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

I've been boating for over 20 years, buy have never owned a twin screw
boat
this size (31' LOA...10'7" beam). It should be a learning experience.

There are a few new tricks but with a ouboards that can be steered,
you can handle it almost like a single. One of the issues with twin
OBs is that the props are not usually far enough apart to generate the
steering torque necessary to turn the boat in its own length, as most
twin inboards can by putting one engine in forward and the other in
reverse.

Thanks, Wayne. I heard that you can compensate a little bit by increasing
the throttle with the reverse engine.

Once you learn to properly operate twins you will love them. What helped me
with my first boat with twins (IO's) was to think of the throttles as a
handle bar on a bike. To turn the bow to port put the port in reverse and
starboard in forward. Your hand position would be the same as if you were
turning a bike to the left.

The boat looks like a beauty. Congratulations.

Did you mean a bike, or a tricycle? They aren't the same, if there is anything
other than *very* slow speed on the bike.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
*JimH*

"John H." wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:47:36 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I mean your relative hand position when turning the handle bars on a
bicycle. Turn left and your left hand is down (towards your body) and
right hand pushed up (away from your body). Turn the bow on your boat to
the left (port) with the engines your left hand goes down (putting the port
engine in reverse gear) and your right hand goes up (putting the starboard
engine in forward gear).

I always sterned into the dock. The port engine generally stayed in reverse
and I did all/most of the maneuvering with the starboard engine (going
between forward and reverse gears). I never touched the steering wheel.

It worked for me. ;-)

John H.

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:45:25 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:47:36 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
[...]

If you are going faster than a walking speed on a bicycle (or motorcycle),
pulling the left handlebar towards you will cause you to go right. Another way
of thinking of it is this, pushing the right handlebar away from you will cause
the bike to go right. Push right, go right. Push left, go left.

Maybe this will explain it better:

"If we intentionally move the contact patch line from vertically beneath the
Center of Gravity, the bike will start to lean. For example, if while riding the
bike straight ahead, we press on the left bar the front wheel points to the
right. The front wheel tracks to the right (sometimes called “out tracking”). So
the weight of bike and rider is now to the LEFT of it’s “support” on the ground,
the tire contact patches. Because the weight is to the left, the bike leans to
the left. It is important to note, for a LEFT turn, we initiate a lean to the
left by pressing on the left bar, turning the front wheel to the RIGHT. This is
often referred to as COUNTERSTEERING: a turn to the left initiated by turning
the front wheel to the right."

The above from: http://www.rider-ed.com/tips/motorcyclestability.htm

In your initial post, if you change the word to tricycle, you'll be correct,
UNLESS you're talking about going in reverse, which most of us can't do on a
bike anyway!

"John H." wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:45:25 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:47:36 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

"NOYB" wrote in message
thlink.net...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
[...]

Never mind John. You are trying to make this far more complicated then it
needs to be.

Have you ever had twins?

Eisboch

Wayne.B wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:07:46 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Does that mean the boat will have "FL" numbers as well? I thought you
couldn't put state registration numbers on a documented boat?

No registration numbers but you are supposed to display the small
square "FL sticker" somewhere on the forward port side of the boat.

What Wayne said.
It's just a way of gathering revenues.

Eisboch

Thinking of becoming a live aboard richard Cruising 27 November 3rd 05 09:27 PM
Who Am I Skipper General 38 October 19th 05 07:50 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 7 October 12th 05 10:25 PM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM