Bill McKee

Default What are those wooden poles that stick up randomly out of the water by river shorelines?

"Jim Carter" wrote in message

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Ryan Cabanas" wrote in message
ups.com...
I've seen these many times before and I have no idea what they are.

I live in Manhattan and I was walking along the Hudson and I saw these
wooden poles randomly sticking up out of the water. They were various
heights and they didn't seem to be doing anything. When I rode the
Staten Island Ferry over to Staten Island, when the ferry pulled up to
dock, I noticed a very large amount of these poles right by the docking
area, as well.

What are these poles for? Thanks.

Ryan Cabanas

Pegs to keep the bottom at the bottom.

Bill, that was an answer that is really dumb! I guess, that's all you
know.

Jim C.

You are dumb as well as humor challenged. They could be anything. Old
pilings, channel markers, oyster bed markers.

Bert Robbins

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
.. .

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
Jim C. the humor challenged.

Bert, do you really think that was funny? I thought it was a ridiculous
answer put there by someone with a feeble attempt at humor.

It was a creative, imaginative and witty remark.

Too bad you have a pole shoved up your ass.

Sir Rodney Smithers

Bert,
It must be the sign of a sick mind, but I found your comment the funniest
one in this thread.

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
.. .

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
Jim C. the humor challenged.

Bert, do you really think that was funny? I thought it was a
ridiculous
answer put there by someone with a feeble attempt at humor.

It was a creative, imaginative and witty remark.

Too bad you have a pole shoved up your ass.

Bill McKee

"Sir Rodney Smithers" Ask me about my knighthood. wrote in message
Bert,
It must be the sign of a sick mind, but I found your comment the funniest
one in this thread.

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
.. .

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
Jim C. the humor challenged.

Bert, do you really think that was funny? I thought it was a
ridiculous
answer put there by someone with a feeble attempt at humor.

It was a creative, imaginative and witty remark.

Too bad you have a pole shoved up your ass.

So did I. Jim must not like or get Gary Larson humor.