NOYB

Default Newsweek Poll makes a sunny Sunday sunnier

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Autumn of Discontent
The latest NEWSWEEK poll shows serious political trouble for President
Bush.
WEB EXCLUSIVE
By Marcus Mabry
Newsweek
Updated: 2:00 p.m. ET Nov. 12, 2005

Nov. 12, 2005 - In the wake of the bombings in Jordan by suspected
followers of Iraq’s Al Qaeda chief Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the indictment of
top White House aide I. Lewis (Scooter) Libby and the withdrawal of
Harriet Miers’s nomination to the Supreme Court, President George W. Bush
is sinking deeper and deeper into political trouble, according to the
latest NEWSWEEK poll. Only 36 percent of Americans approve of the job he
is doing as president

They're oversampling Democrats...as usual:

"When NEWSWEEK asked registered voters whether they planned to vote for a
Democrat or a Republican in those elections, 53 percent said a Democrat and
36 percent said a Republican"

These polls mean nothing as long as they continue to oversample Democrats.

But for the second day in a row, Rasmussen has Bush at 46%:

Sunday November 13, 2005--Forty-six percent (46%) of American adults approve
of the way George W. Bush is performing his role as President. Fifty-three
percent (53%) of Americans Disapprove of the President's performance.

Bush Job Approval

Strongly Approve 24%
Somewhat Approve 22%
Somewhat Disapprove 15%
Strongly Disapprove 38%

NOYB

NOYB wrote:
[...]

More likely it shows that a percentage of those who voted Republican last
time around aren't going to do so in 2006 or 2008. Doesn;t mean they are
Repubs or Dems.

Yeah, they conveniently leave out the statistics about how many respondents
were registered Democrats vs. registered Republicans. But the AP-Ipsos poll
*did* provide that data: 52% registered Dems and 39% registered
Republicans. I'd suspect that this poll is just as badly skewed.

But for the second day in a row, Rasmussen has Bush at 46%:

HArd to find anyone paying attention to Rasmussen and his autodialers.

Hard for someone intentionally trying to ignore it maybe.

John H.

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:13:40 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

But for the second day in a row, Rasmussen has Bush at 46%:

HArd to find anyone paying attention to Rasmussen and his autodialers.

Hard for someone intentionally trying to ignore it maybe.

Why are you arguing with Harry when you could be out at Tiburon watching some
PGA golf? The weather looks beautiful down in Naples right now!

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
John H.

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Well, I don't watch Faux or read Fauxnewsmax.

Who would expect someone enthralled with the 'Enquirer' to watch decent news?

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
NOYB

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Here is a sampling of local (and some national) news outlets that have made
mention of Rasmussen polling data in the last couple of weeks:

Fort Worth Star Telegram
Kansas City Star
Suffolk News Herald
Palm Beach Post
Richmond Times Dispatch
Washington Times
Stockton Record
St. Petersburg Times
The Free-Lance Star
Lynchburg News and Advance
Huntington Herald Dispatch
LaCrosse Tribune
Eatonville Dispatch
Bloomberg
Beaver Dam Daily Citizen
Harrisonburg Daily News Record
Daily Free Press

And then, of course, there are plenty of Conservative "news" outlets that
have carried it:
Christian Science Monitor
WorldNet Daily
Rushlimbaugh.com
etc...

You may not be reading it in your local rag...but folks around the country
are reading it in their local papers every morning.

NOYB

"John H." wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:13:40 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

But for the second day in a row, Rasmussen has Bush at 46%:

HArd to find anyone paying attention to Rasmussen and his autodialers.

Hard for someone intentionally trying to ignore it maybe.

Why are you arguing with Harry when you could be out at Tiburon watching
some
PGA golf? The weather looks beautiful down in Naples right now!

Yesterday, I went to the Ft. Myers in-water boat show, which gave me the
new-boat bug again. So today, I went up to Fishtale Marina in Ft. Myers
Beach to look a Grady White 300 Marlin that I'm thinking about buying.
While up there, I had lunch at the Fish House restaurant. I jumped on the
computer when I got back home to do some "boat research".

I used to enjoy playing golf (even got my handicap down to an 18 for
awhile), but when my second son was born, I gave up playing golf, moved to a
house on the water, and now go boating every weekend with the family
instead. But I've never enjoyed watching golf. The Tiburon golf course is
a nice course that's attached to the Ritz Carlton Golf Lodge. (Trivia:
Naples is the only city in the world that has two Ritz Carlton's--one on the
beach and one on the gulf). I've played the course when it was new, and
thought it was pretty but nothing special. IMO, the course that I used to
live on (Olde Cypress) was a nicer, more challenging course...but there are
a lot more homes around it making it less conducive to spectators.

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
. ..
NOYB wrote:

Yeah, they conveniently leave out the statistics about how many
respondents were registered Democrats vs. registered Republicans. But
the AP-Ipsos poll *did* provide that data: 52% registered Dems and 39%
registered Republicans. I'd suspect that this poll is just as badly
skewed.

I'd guess a large number of Republicans are so ashamed of their party now,
they won't admit it to pollsters.

But they'll "admit" it to a robot poll...which makes the robot poll more
accurate.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:

Yeah, they conveniently leave out the statistics about how many
respondents were registered Democrats vs. registered Republicans. But
the AP-Ipsos poll *did* provide that data: 52% registered Dems and 39%
registered Republicans. I'd suspect that this poll is just as badly
skewed.

I'd guess a large number of Republicans are so ashamed of their party now,
they won't admit it to pollsters.

Which makes the robot poll more accurate. No shame in your answers. Just
truth.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:
[...]

Yes, I often read the Beaver Dam Daily, the Eatonville Dispatch, and the
Lynchburg News.

Maybe not. But the folks living in Beaver Dam, Eatonville, and Lynchburg
sure do. Doesn't it bug you that some backwoods inbred in Lynchburg knows
more about the President's accurate approval rating than you do?

Maybe not. But the folks living in Beaver Dam, Eatonville, and Lynchburg
sure do. Doesn't it bug you that some backwoods inbred in Lynchburg knows
more about the President's accurate approval rating than you do?

I don't worry about the "backwoods inbred in Lynchburg" that votes Dem
allthe time. I doubt if they really care who is President, as long as
the aid check flows on a regular basis, they probably dont' care who is
what.....