Don White

Default Skipper's hero?

Wow...this guy sounds like a grownup version of our own Skipper.
http://www.tristanjones.org/meet_tristan.htm
Skipper

Don White wrote:

Wow...this guy sounds like a grownup version of our own Skipper.
http://www.tristanjones.org/meet_tristan.htm

An interesting read! Tristan's apparent business ethics remind me in
some ways of a certain unscrupulous NW boatbroker. Tristan does seem a
bit better at the con and far more traveled and worldly than the
mentioned broker, however.

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Don White wrote:
Wow...this guy sounds like a grownup version of our own Skipper.
http://www.tristanjones.org/meet_tristan.htm

Yeah, and Tristan, unlike Skipper, actually spent time on boats.

You are such a yenta, Krause. Grow up!

--
Skipper

Skipper wrote:
Don White wrote:

Wow...this guy sounds like a grownup version of our own Skipper.
http://www.tristanjones.org/meet_tristan.htm

An interesting read! Tristan's apparent business ethics remind me in
some ways of a certain unscrupulous NW boatbroker. Tristan does seem a
bit better at the con and far more traveled and worldly than the
mentioned broker, however.

--
Skipper

Another unprovoked, scurrilous attack from the dry and dusty midwest.
Noted, but unworthy of rebuttal.

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Don White wrote:
Wow...this guy sounds like a grownup version of our own Skipper.
http://www.tristanjones.org/meet_tristan.htm

Yeah, and Tristan, unlike Skipper, actually spent time on boats.

You are such a yenta, Krause. Grow up!

BTW, I hauled Yo Ho to the dealer this morning for winterizing, and in
the hour it took me, I spent more time with a real boat than you have in
years.

I couldn't possibly do a quality and *thorough* job of 'winterizing' in
one hour. Neither can your dealer. You may find these quickie Jiffy Lube
jobs acceptable, I do not. If you want it done right, proper winterizing
is a DIY job, or very expensive. Believe most dealers know your kind is
just not willing to pay for a job well done.

I do wish you knew a bit more about boating, Krause...

--
Skipper

Skipper

wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Don White wrote:

Wow...this guy sounds like a grownup version of our own Skipper.
http://www.tristanjones.org/meet_tristan.htm

An interesting read! Tristan's apparent business ethics remind me in
some ways of a certain unscrupulous NW boatbroker. Tristan does seem a
bit better at the con and far more traveled and worldly than the
mentioned broker, however.

Another unprovoked, scurrilous attack from the dry and dusty midwest.
Noted, but unworthy of rebuttal.

Attack on whom? I see Skipper named above, but who is this unnamed
unscrupulous broker? That said, there is something to be said for those
who practice consistency, as you have, with your latest "dusty midwest
unworthy" insults. Smoke, fire, huh? you know the drill...

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:

You are such a yenta, Krause. Grow up!

BTW, I hauled Yo Ho to the dealer this morning for winterizing, and in
the hour it took me, I spent more time with a real boat than you have in
years.

I couldn't possibly do a quality and *thorough* job of 'winterizing' in
one hour. Neither can your dealer. You may find these quickie Jiffy Lube
jobs acceptable, I do not. If you want it done right, proper winterizing
is a DIY job, or very expensive. Believe most dealers know your kind is
just not willing to pay for a job well done.

You really are a numnutz, Adolf.

And as previously stated, you are a classic yenta, Krause.

--
Skipper
Mr. Smithers

Harry,
Tell us about winterizing your Lobster Boat.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Don White wrote:
Wow...this guy sounds like a grownup version of our own Skipper.
http://www.tristanjones.org/meet_tristan.htm

Yeah, and Tristan, unlike Skipper, actually spent time on boats.

You are such a yenta, Krause. Grow up!

BTW, I hauled Yo Ho to the dealer this morning for winterizing, and in
the hour it took me, I spent more time with a real boat than you have in
years.

I couldn't possibly do a quality and *thorough* job of 'winterizing' in
one hour. Neither can your dealer. You may find these quickie Jiffy Lube
jobs acceptable, I do not. If you want it done right, proper winterizing
is a DIY job, or very expensive. Believe most dealers know your kind is
just not willing to pay for a job well done.

I do wish you knew a bit more about boating, Krause...

--
Skipper

You really are a numnutz, Adolf. And like most righties, you cannot
understand what you read. It took me an hour to haul the boat to the
dealer and do the bit of paperwork. Then we stopped for breakfast on the
way home. The boat is awaiting its turn for winterizing.

The dealer knows precisely how to winterize an outboard motor, the head,
and the through-hull valves on my Parker, and he knows how to check the
electrics and grease the fitting on the boat and the trailer, and he knows
how to remove the batteries, wash the boat inside and out, and shrinkwrap
it.

Very expensive? Maybe for a p.o.s. Bayliner like you allegedly owned, but
half a large or so ain't a lot to spend on a nice boat with some value.

Now, what boat are you winterizing this year, eh?

None.

--
"W" - Symbol for the Worst President...Ever.

Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

What is a classic yenta, Adolf?

Look it up in your dictionary, Krause.

--
Skipper
Skipper

Harry Krause wrote:

Skipper wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

What is a classic yenta, Adolf?

Look it up in your dictionary, Krause.

It's Saturday night, fella. Got your 2x4's for your Klan crossburning
yet? What do you use as a wood soak?

Found this photo of you when you were a bit younger.

http://tinyurl.com/9ndcx

Darn good likeness, eh? Off your driver's license?

Yep, classic yentaspeak.

--
Skipper