jps

Default OT Right Wing Christian Zealots

In article , says...
jps wrote:

Put Robertson in a robe and you'd have a hard time distinguishing him
from a fanatical Islamic lunatic.

...or the Looney Left's Howard Dean.

Pardon me Snippy, but I don't recall Howard Dean using God as a hammer.

Could you please cite an example or, as you are able, cut and paste
something together that supports your vapid theory.

http://tinyurl.com/2f8xv

Doesn't come close in absurdity, let alone substance.

You can do better than that Snippy. Just use your prodigious skills at
cut and paste and I'm sure you can assemble something that, while
completely void of authenticity, will better support your case.

jps

Bert Robbins wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...

What an idiot!!!! Christians ruled by fear LONG before there were
liberals!!! You right wing lunatics adopted any and all of their ideals.

All Abrahamic religions include the hairy thunderer who would smote
folks for any number of reasons.

There are consequences.

While I don't believe Jesus was the first true liberal, he certainly was
a raging liberal.

He wasn't a raging liberal. If he was then he have been giving out fish
instead of teaching people to fish to feed themselves.

Gotcha!

Matthew, Chapter 14

14:15 And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This
is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away,
that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals.

14:16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to
eat.

14:17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two
fishes.

14:18 He said, Bring them hither to me.

14:19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took
the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he
blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to [his] disciples, and the
disciples to the multitude.

14:20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the
fragments that remained twelve baskets full.

14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside
women and children.

14:22 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a
ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the
multitudes away.

Do the conservatives have a special version of the story? One where the
disciples come to Jesus saying "the people are hungry" and he replies,
"Go then, and teach them how to fish!"? :-)

Looks like he not only "handed out fish", but the bread course as well.
:-)

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

Hell Chuck, one can quote passages from the Bible to make a case for either
side.

Give me a break.

John H.

On 11 Nov 2005 15:23:35 -0800, wrote:

Bert Robbins wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

You missed the point: He didn't take up a collection from the disciples to pay
for the fish!

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes