BoatBanter.com

-   -   Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/62658-global-warmings-puts-reefs-peril.html)

Bill McKee November 10th 05 08:36 PM

Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"P Fritz" wrote in message

And meanwhile, Kevin is running around in his tin foil hat screaming the
sky is falling.

I assume you have information indicating that the science behind this is
all wrong. Coral are not being affected as described. Your information
sounds interesting. Got links?

Coral is even more affected by starfish. We have had global warming and
cooling for eons. The coral survives. Survived enough to make atolls in
the Pacific. The question is what is causing Global Warming. A group of
non-physical scientists came up with the Kyoto Agreement, and blamed it all
on mankind. Why did we have a mimi-iceage 10,000 years ago. Mankind not
burn enough wood?

Bill McKee November 10th 05 08:37 PM

"P Fritz" wrote in message

And meanwhile, Kevin is running around in his tin foil hat screaming
the
sky is falling.

I assume you have information indicating that the science behind this is
all wrong. Coral are not being affected as described. Your information
sounds interesting. Got links?

No, coral reefs have been dying, some from predators because man has
eaten or collected the king conch which is a predator of the starfish
which eats the coral and some from climate, particularly near the
equator. Coral is very fragile and lives in a very small temperature
range - depth. As temps increase it will move north of the equator
provided there is a shallow enough location for it to flourish.

The major problem at this time, especially in the great barrier reefs is
the Starfish.

Starfish? I wonder if the scientists mentioned in the article are aware of
that. (pardon my sarcasm)

Yes the scientist do. Research "Crown of Thorns starfish".

Doug Kanter November 10th 05 08:42 PM

Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

ink.net...

"P Fritz" wrote in message

[...]

OK. Just making sure. Any scientist who wants to be published will know that
he/she has to show that factors like this have been taken into
consideration.

Doug Kanter November 10th 05 08:43 PM

Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

ink.net...

"P Fritz" wrote in message

And meanwhile, Kevin is running around in his tin foil hat screaming
the
sky is falling.

I assume you have information indicating that the science behind this is
all wrong. Coral are not being affected as described. Your information
sounds interesting. Got links?

Coral is even more affected by starfish. We have had global warming and
cooling for eons. The coral survives. Survived enough to make atolls in
the Pacific. The question is what is causing Global Warming. A group of
non-physical scientists came up with the Kyoto Agreement, and blamed it
all on mankind. Why did we have a mimi-iceage 10,000 years ago. Mankind
not burn enough wood?

What if they're right? Or, more important, is is possible for there to be
ANY evidence that would convince you?

[email protected] November 10th 05 09:03 PM

Doug Kanter wrote:
"P Fritz" wrote in message

And meanwhile, Kevin is running around in his tin foil hat screaming the
sky is falling.

I assume you have information indicating that the science behind this is all
wrong. Coral are not being affected as described. Your information sounds
interesting. Got links?

Doug, don't expect an intelligent answer from Fritz!!! You'll get
nothing but childish name calling.

Doug Kanter November 10th 05 09:11 PM

Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

wrote in message
oups.com...

Doug Kanter wrote:
"P Fritz" wrote in message

And meanwhile, Kevin is running around in his tin foil hat screaming
the
sky is falling.

I assume you have information indicating that the science behind this is
all
wrong. Coral are not being affected as described. Your information sounds
interesting. Got links?

Doug, don't expect an intelligent answer from Fritz!!! You'll get
nothing but childish name calling.

I think he's got me filtered. Either that, or he doesn't respond to
questions for which the answers don't involve the word "lieberal". :-)

[email protected] November 10th 05 09:34 PM

"P Fritz" wrote in message

And meanwhile, Kevin is running around in his tin foil hat screaming the
sky is falling.

I assume you have information indicating that the science behind this is
all wrong. Coral are not being affected as described. Your information
sounds interesting. Got links?

Coral is even more affected by starfish. We have had global warming and
cooling for eons. The coral survives. Survived enough to make atolls in
the Pacific. The question is what is causing Global Warming. A group of
non-physical scientists came up with the Kyoto Agreement, and blamed it all
on mankind. Why did we have a mimi-iceage 10,000 years ago. Mankind not
burn enough wood?

It's the RATE of change in global temperature. Funny coincedence for
you non-science christian right wingers, the rate of change in global
temperature is in direct correlation with the amount of CFC's in the
air.....hmmmm......

Bill McKee November 10th 05 10:39 PM

Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

ink.net...

"P Fritz" wrote in message

And meanwhile, Kevin is running around in his tin foil hat screaming
the
sky is falling.

I assume you have information indicating that the science behind this is
all wrong. Coral are not being affected as described. Your information
sounds interesting. Got links?

Coral is even more affected by starfish. We have had global warming and
cooling for eons. The coral survives. Survived enough to make atolls in
the Pacific. The question is what is causing Global Warming. A group of
non-physical scientists came up with the Kyoto Agreement, and blamed it
all on mankind. Why did we have a mimi-iceage 10,000 years ago. Mankind
not burn enough wood?

What if they're right? Or, more important, is is possible for there to be
ANY evidence that would convince you?

One major volcanic eruption spews more ozone depleting chemicals in a week
than mankind does in years. When Krakatoa erupted in 1883, upper
Midwesterners almost starved that year. Between the ash and chemicals, it
induced a volcano winter. Was snow in the Midwest in July and the corn crop
failed. We are seeing more solar activity. This does not count? maybe it
is man and all the political spewing that is contaminating the air and
causing the hot air warming. These same "Scientists" were predicting a
mini-iceage circa 1970. Maybe ice age grant money dried up. As to Kyoto.
Would only hamper the US. France, being 80% nuclear at the time, was posice
to make a killing selling electric power. China, could still go along,
burning excess amounts of dirty coal, and no penalty, as they are a
"Backwards" country. China is the biggest cause of mercury in tuna and
other pelegic fish. All that coal burning release of mercury has to go
somewhere, and that is out over the Pacific.

Bill McKee November 10th 05 11:38 PM

Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:
ink.net...
"P Fritz" wrote in message

And meanwhile, Kevin is running around in his tin foil hat screaming
the
sky is falling.
I assume you have information indicating that the science behind this
is all wrong. Coral are not being affected as described. Your
information sounds interesting. Got links?

Coral is even more affected by starfish. We have had global warming and
cooling for eons. The coral survives. Survived enough to make atolls
in the Pacific. The question is what is causing Global Warming. A
group of non-physical scientists came up with the Kyoto Agreement, and
blamed it all on mankind. Why did we have a mimi-iceage 10,000 years
ago. Mankind not burn enough wood?

What if they're right? Or, more important, is is possible for there to be
ANY evidence that would convince you?

McKee, like most Republicans, buys into the "we have nothing to do with
global warming" argument because he thinks taking it seriously might
result in some sort of "restrictions." His dismissal of the evidence that
exists has nothing to do with science, or, in fact, anything but
conservative politics. Ergo, there is no evidence that would convince him
otherwise.

And where is your scientific proof that Global warming is 100% man's fault?
Oh, forgot, you are not a scientist.

Bill McKee November 10th 05 11:39 PM

Global Warmings Puts Reefs in Peril

wrote in message
ups.com...

"P Fritz" wrote in message

[...]

Proof? If it was so obvious, why are not all scientists, at least the hard
sciences, on board?