John H.

Default Wahooo!!!

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 05:13:26 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
.. .
In article , says...
Price of gas this morning:

http://tinyurl.com/99oxv

It was down another penny this afternoon.

The trend shows the price going down..........down........down.

Bush got blamed for the spike in gasoline prices after Katrina (because
of
damage to the refineries) so I guess he has to get credit for the
$1.10/gallon drop in prices since late summer.

Thanks George!

Since you weren't doing the blaming, why should you get to do the
thanking?

I neither blamed him nor will I thank him.

It was his buddies who got the golden egg not george. It was george who
made certain no one was guarding the door when the egg got stolen.

jps

If oil companies are making so much money, why is the stock (EXXON) at a P/E
of around 10? The average for the New York Exchange is about 17. CVX is 9.

If the denominator increases, the ratio decreases.

--
John H.

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes
Bill McKee

"John H." wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 05:13:26 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

But they have not been at the average for a long time. Oil is a volatile
commodity.

jps wrote:
In article , says...
Price of gas this morning:

http://tinyurl.com/99oxv

It was down another penny this afternoon.

The trend shows the price going down..........down........down.

Bush got blamed for the spike in gasoline prices after Katrina (because of
damage to the refineries) so I guess he has to get credit for the
$1.10/gallon drop in prices since late summer.

Thanks George!

Since you weren't doing the blaming, why should you get to do the
thanking?

I neither blamed him nor will I thank him.

It was his buddies who got the golden egg not george. It was george who
made certain no one was guarding the door when the egg got stolen.

jps

The trouble is, the right wing just can't seem to realize that the drop
in gas prices since late summer is actually wrongly attributed to LOWER
GAS PRICES. They don't know enough to take a look at the gas prices
during the last year or two, and factoring in inflation, see that there
was a huge net increase.

Tamaroak

Yeah, old presidummy bush has sure got a handle on the energy policy,
and Iraq, the economy, world opinion, human rights, the environment, the
deficit, ethics, women's rights. you name it. What a leader..

Capt. Jeff

Tim

its $2.15 here, and when you take about .40 cents per gallon of State
and Fed taxes off, it could get better, but that's not gonna happen.

NOYB

"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
its $2.15 here, and when you take about .40 cents per gallon of State
and Fed taxes off, it could get better, but that's not gonna happen.

That's the irony of the most recent congression hearings into the large oil
company profits.

The oil companies make about 7 1/2% profit. The government makes almost
20%...but nobody is investigating the government's profits!

NOYB wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
its $2.15 here, and when you take about .40 cents per gallon of State
and Fed taxes off, it could get better, but that's not gonna happen.

That's the irony of the most recent congression hearings into the large oil
company profits.

The oil companies make about 7 1/2% profit. The government makes almost
20%...but nobody is investigating the government's profits!

If the government made a profit, that would mean we wouldn't have a
budget defecit.

NOYB

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message
oups.com...
its $2.15 here, and when you take about .40 cents per gallon of State
and Fed taxes off, it could get better, but that's not gonna happen.

That's the irony of the most recent congression hearings into the large
oil
company profits.

The oil companies make about 7 1/2% profit. The government makes almost
20%...but nobody is investigating the government's profits!

If the government made a profit, that would mean we wouldn't have a
budget defecit.

If the government still collected the revenue, but didn't spend the money on
anything, it would be profit.

P Fritz

Kevin remains "stuck on stupid"

"NOYB" wrote in message