*JimH*

Default Wahooo!!!

Price of gas this morning:

http://tinyurl.com/99oxv

It was down another penny this afternoon.

The trend shows the price going down..........down........down.

Bush got blamed for the spike in gasoline prices after Katrina (because of
damage to the refineries) so I guess he has to get credit for the
$1.10/gallon drop in prices since late summer.

Thanks George!

jps

In article , says...
Price of gas this morning:

http://tinyurl.com/99oxv

It was down another penny this afternoon.

The trend shows the price going down..........down........down.

Bush got blamed for the spike in gasoline prices after Katrina (because of
damage to the refineries) so I guess he has to get credit for the
$1.10/gallon drop in prices since late summer.

Thanks George!

Since you weren't doing the blaming, why should you get to do the
thanking?

I neither blamed him nor will I thank him.

It was his buddies who got the golden egg not george. It was george who
made certain no one was guarding the door when the egg got stolen.

jps
Jack Goff

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 17:28:19 -0800, jps wrote:

It was his buddies who got the golden egg not george. It was george who
made certain no one was guarding the door when the egg got stolen.

Another fairy tale brought to you by jps.

Bill McKee

"jps" wrote in message
In article , says...
Price of gas this morning:

http://tinyurl.com/99oxv

It was down another penny this afternoon.

The trend shows the price going down..........down........down.

Bush got blamed for the spike in gasoline prices after Katrina (because
of
damage to the refineries) so I guess he has to get credit for the
$1.10/gallon drop in prices since late summer.

Thanks George!

Since you weren't doing the blaming, why should you get to do the
thanking?

I neither blamed him nor will I thank him.

It was his buddies who got the golden egg not george. It was george who
made certain no one was guarding the door when the egg got stolen.

jps

If oil companies are making so much money, why is the stock (EXXON) at a P/E
of around 10? The average for the New York Exchange is about 17. CVX is 9.

Bill McKee wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

More proof that you're an idiot:
http://money.cnn.com/2005/10/28/news.../windfall_tax/

Two paragraphs:

On Friday Chevron (Research) became the latest big oil company to
report a jump in profits for the third quarter, a day after Exxon Mobil
(Research), the nation's biggest oil company, reported $9.9 billion in
net earnings -- the biggest corporate profit on record.

All told, the 19 oil and gas companies in the Standard & Poor's 500
index that have reported so far have earned more than $20 billion
excluding one-time charges and other items, up more than 50 percent
from a year earlier, according to earnings tracker First Call.

Bill McKee

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

I did not dispute the earnings. I asked if they are such money machines,
why is their P/E about 1/2 the average for the NYSE. And since I have a
large amount of oil company stocks in my portfolio, I hope they keep sending
me nice checks.

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
[...]

Because the oil industry isn't as profitable, P/E wise. But, if you
take the total amount of profit, it's huge, hence you get dividends.
How do you explain the fact that 19 oil and gas companies reported
gains of more than 50% in a year?????? Inflation?!!!!