Default Cleaning Fiberglass

I have a 1973 C&C. I am trying to bring up the seats in the cockpit.
Is there something I can use that is a deep cleaning agent?

Thanks,
Cate

they are smooth..not chalky...

Bleach solution and a soft brush should do it.

John H.

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:53:44 GMT, Space Pope wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:25:22 GMT, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:16:51 GMT, Space Pope wrote:

Unless of course one is talking about fabric in which case, 409, a
soft brush and elbow grease will work just fine.

Your position on this matter begs a significant question!

My wife swears that 409 is the best cleaner obtainable. My son just
swiped a bottle of his Mom's 409 and went to war with the vinyl on his
1995 Chevy pickup.... he was blown away with the ability of the
detergent to clean even the most difficult to reach areas of his vinyl
trim....

So..... what's the big deal? Oddly enough.... the cleanser is not
available. We have to buy from the supplier in case quantities!

Anybody else have anything to add to make sense of this?

The Space Pope buys it at Wal-Mart.

OMG!!!
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

Hypocrital Liberal
Dr. Dr. Smithers

Gene,
Visit Home Depot.

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 03:16:51 GMT, Space Pope wrote:

Unless of course one is talking about fabric in which case, 409, a
soft brush and elbow grease will work just fine.

Your position on this matter begs a significant question!

My wife swears that 409 is the best cleaner obtainable. My son just
swiped a bottle of his Mom's 409 and went to war with the vinyl on his
1995 Chevy pickup.... he was blown away with the ability of the
detergent to clean even the most difficult to reach areas of his vinyl
trim....

So..... what's the big deal? Oddly enough.... the cleanser is not
available. We have to buy from the supplier in case quantities!

Anybody else have anything to add to make sense of this?

--

_ ___c
\ _| \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
~~~ ~~~~~~
~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
~~~~ }((((o ~~~~~~ }{{{{o ~~~~~~~

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/
Homepage*
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Dr. Dr. Smithers

Bleach will cause premature cracking in the vinyl.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Bleach solution and a soft brush should do it.

painting a fiberglass dinghy [email protected] Boat Building 5 October 30th 05 02:13 PM
Cleaning Fiberglass Rick Cruising 19 October 21st 05 07:13 PM
What is the Right Size Motor for a 17-Ft Fiberglass Boat? [email protected] General 10 October 19th 05 12:54 AM
Fiberglass loss of strength Mic Cruising 1 October 15th 05 08:03 PM