John H.

Default How low will the liebrals go?

On 3 Nov 2005 17:41:32 -0800, wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:05:10 -0500, " *JimH*" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On 3 Nov 2005 13:00:19 -0800,
wrote:

John H. wrote:

That's called a 'tap dance', Chuck!

Yep.

And even a Saturday night beer-swillin', rib-sauce on the tee-shirt
wearin', yellow sticker on the pickup drivin', chain smokin' rodeo
ropin', Limbaugh on the radio listenin' corn-serve-a-tive knows the
difference between a tap dance and a goose step. :-)

(Gould grabs top hat and cane, band strikes up "Tea for Two", and he
rat-a-tat-tats and clickety-clacks off stage, left). :-)

What yellow sticker?
--
John H

"It's *not* a baby kicking, bride of mine, it's just a fetus!"

HK

My son and daughter do not support the war and consider themselves
liberal
in the views, including political views. They do, however, support the
troops and display a yellow ribbon on their cars.

Some folks live in a black and white world filled with absolutes.
Thankfully my family does not live in that world. It is obvious,
however,
that some folks in this NG do, and they are all, coincidentally, leaning
left.

Shows my lack of observation (or something). My wife and I both have one
on our
GMCs, but I still couldn't figure out what he was discussing. I guess I
didn't
see it as a political thing.

Seems to be going to an extreme when a 'Support Our Troops' sticker is
considered a 'bad thing'. I guess some of the libs do though, huh?
--
John H

Who said it was "bad thing"?

Lighten up a bit. Odds are you don't have rib sauce on your tee shirt-
and I sure as heck can't tap dance, either. :-)

Then try saying what you mean and stand up for it.

The fantasy *stories* you write leave yourself an escape route.

The "who me?" card is often played, such as in this case.

Say what you mean if you truly believe it Chuck.

I did! I truly meant to say that liberals don't goose step. Until
goaded, I didn't even mention conservatives at all. However, some of my
esteemed fellows on the opposite side of the fence can't imagine any
statement ever being made that doesn't format as "us against them", so
they simply assumed I was stating that conservatives are goose
steppers.

If I say, "my car is really fast," that's no implication that yours is
slow.
If I say, "my wife is extremely good looking," that's no implication
that yours is not.
(However, folks who secretly feel that their car is pretty slow and the
dear wife is not exactly a supermodel might get a bit defensive. Sorry,
can't help that.)

When I say "liberals don't goose step", that doesn't mean that
conservatives do. (However, folks who secretly feel conservatives
probably do goose step might get a bit defensive. Sorry, can't help
that.)

The trouble here is not what I said, but what some assumed I meant.

Little disco music, maestro, if you please....
Tappity, tappity, tappity, tappity, rappity, rappity, tappity, tap. :-)

You're absolutely correct, Chuck. You are the most middle-of-the-road guy in the
group. Only the Shadow knows how *anyone* could think you were implying anything
about conservatives

John H. wrote:

You're absolutely correct, Chuck. You are the most middle-of-the-road guy in the
group. Only the Shadow knows how *anyone* could think you were implying anything
about conservatives

Don't be silly. That stripe that I follow isn't in the "middle of the
road", it's over on the left shoulder. I'm very proud to be a liberal.
Moreso each day, lately. Point remains, it is possible to say that
something is characteristic of liberals or conservatives without
implying that the opposite thing must be true about the opposite
philosophy.

That fast moving shadow must have been cast by somebody leaping between
conclusions.

Dr. Dr. Smithers

wrote in message
oups.com...

Point remains, it is possible to say that
something is characteristic of liberals or conservatives without
implying that the opposite thing must be true about the opposite
philosophy.

Chuck,
Let's be honest about this, normally when you make these comparisons you are
implying that the other party is guilty of the offense, you are just using
your superior literary skills and excellent tap dancing to be more subtle
than most in rec.boats. I have no problems with your subtle approach, or
those who have use a heavier hammer, but in your heart, I am sure you know
you were implying the other party is guilty of the (fill in the blank) and
you want the other party to assume you implying he is guilty of the charge.
; )

If not, then I overestimated your literary skills.

jps

In article ,
says...
http://washingtontimes.com/metro/200...4932-4054r.htm

"Black Democratic leaders in Maryland say that racially tinged attacks
against Lt. Gov. Michael S. Steele in his bid for the U.S. Senate are fair
because he is a conservative Republican.
Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in
Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance,
calling him an "Uncle Tom" and depicting him as a black-faced minstrel on a
liberal Web log.
Operatives for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC) also
obtained a copy of his credit report -- the only Republican candidate so
targeted."

Think how Karl Rove smeared Max Cleland and John McCain when you're
thinking of all-time lows.

Republicans set the bar on this game.

jps

Default Just another Republican myth ( How low will the liebrals go?)

P Fritz wrote:
http://washingtontimes.com/metro/200...4932-4054r.htm

Such attacks against the first black man to win a statewide election in
Maryland include pelting him with Oreo cookies during a campaign appearance,

Just another in an endless list of myths and lies that the faithful
swallow whole:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/loc...,6788452.story

The key thing for you should the absence of any mention of oreos by the
Washington Times reporter on the scene when it was supposed to have
happened. It was a fabrication made up after the fact.