*JimH*

Default Welcome to America

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

CNN is showing a feature about a retirement community in Boca Raton, FL,
in which some 20,000 elderly residents are without electricity in their
homes, there are 1000 people in line for food, their medications are going
bad, and they are in dire straits, and their relatives can't get to them
because the gas stations cannot pump gas because they have no electricity
at the gas stations down there.

I guess these 70 and 80 year olds should have planned better.

I tend to think you are exaggerating the scenario just a tad. ;-)

Get back to us with the real story and we will chat.

*JimH*

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

CNN is showing a feature about a retirement community in Boca Raton, FL,
in which some 20,000 elderly residents are without electricity in their
homes, there are 1000 people in line for food, their medications are
going bad, and they are in dire straits, and their relatives can't get to
them because the gas stations cannot pump gas because they have no
electricity at the gas stations down there.

I guess these 70 and 80 year olds should have planned better.

I tend to think you are exaggerating the scenario just a tad. ;-)

Get back to us with the real story and we will chat.

BTW: I doubt the majority of folks living in that retirement community are
70 to 80 year olds. Most retirement communities cater to those who are
still mobile and in fairly reasonable health. Once one gets into their 70's
they usually consider an assisted living facility.

Folks in the retirement community you speak of either have cars or there are
shuttle busses available to them for trips to the grocery store and drug
store. They also have family or friends in the area or their own retirement
community who can give them a ride and help stocking up on supplies.
Certainly family members would at least call them to make sure things are OK
prior to the storm.

My Mom, God rest her soul, owned a condo in her late 50's and lived there
till she suffered a stroke at age 67. She was independent and would
certainly have enough wits about her to stock up on emergency supplies if a
storm was approaching. She also had family who would call and visit her to
make sure things were OK.

I really doubt the validity of your story Harry.

Skipper

*JimH* wrote:

"Harry Krause wrote:

CNN is showing a feature about a retirement community in Boca Raton, FL,
in which some 20,000 elderly residents are without electricity in their
homes, there are 1000 people in line for food, their medications are going
bad, and they are in dire straits, and their relatives can't get to them
because the gas stations cannot pump gas because they have no electricity
at the gas stations down there.

I guess these 70 and 80 year olds should have planned better.

I saw that interview on CNN. They were interviewing a gal who looked to
be in her fifties. She stated she was in a Jewish retirement home when
someone yelled out, "FEMA is giving out FREE food." She said there was a
stampede out the door as they competed to be first in line for the
handouts...bet it was like yelling 'fire' in a crowded theater.

--
Skipper
P Fritz

" *JimH*" wrote in message

" *JimH*" wrote in message

[...]

Not necessarily.......but regardless, they had 7 days warning for their
relatives to assist, they were also quite capable of leaving prior to the
storm.........once again harry wants to blame the guvmint for people making
poor personal choices.

Folks in the retirement community you speak of either have cars or there

are
shuttle busses available to them for trips to the grocery store and drug
store. They also have family or friends in the area or their own

retirement
community who can give them a ride and help stocking up on supplies.
Certainly family members would at least call them to make sure things are

OK
prior to the storm.

My Mom, God rest her soul, owned a condo in her late 50's and lived there
till she suffered a stroke at age 67. She was independent and would
certainly have enough wits about her to stock up on emergency supplies if

storm was approaching. She also had family who would call and visit her

make sure things were OK.

I really doubt the validity of your story Harry.

*JimH*

"P Fritz" wrote in message

" *JimH*" wrote in message

" *JimH*" wrote in message

[...]

Not necessarily.......

Correct, and that is why I said *usually* and not *always*.

P Fritz

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"P Fritz" wrote in message

" *JimH*" wrote in message

" *JimH*" wrote in message

[...]

I would not even say usual.

*JimH*

"P Fritz" wrote in message

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"P Fritz" wrote in message

" *JimH*" wrote in message

" *JimH*" wrote in message

[...]

I agree....and that is why I said *usually*. ;-)

Netsock

" *JimH*" wrote in message

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

CNN is showing a feature about a retirement community in Boca Raton, FL,
in which some 20,000 elderly residents are without electricity in their
homes, there are 1000 people in line for food, their medications are

going
bad, and they are in dire straits, and their relatives can't get to them
because the gas stations cannot pump gas because they have no

electricity
at the gas stations down there.

I guess these 70 and 80 year olds should have planned better.

I tend to think you are exaggerating the scenario just a tad. ;-)

Get back to us with the real story and we will chat.

[yawn] Prolly another lie...

--
-Netsock

"It's just about going fast...that's all..."
http://home.columbus.rr.com/ckg/

*JimH* wrote:
" *JimH*" wrote in message

[...]

Bull****! That's pure out and out ignorant to say! I lived in Florida
many years, and most of those people in retirement communities are of
that age. Hell, they don't retire until 65 or so, so what would you
think the age of those "retiree" are????

America is at war DSK ASA 32 October 26th 05 08:33 AM
America is at war Bob Crantz ASA 5 October 15th 05 08:19 PM
America is at war l1l1l1 ASA 0 October 13th 05 03:58 PM
America is at war Joe ASA 0 October 13th 05 03:29 PM