Default Wilma. Crap.

NOYB wrote:
"PocoLoco" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:05:30 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"PocoLoco" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:17:38 GMT, "Eisboch"

wrote:

We just got a phone call from our realtor in Florida and she informed us
that the most recent prospective buyers for our house are signing a
contract
and will be making an offer later today or tomorrow.

Meanwhile, the National Hurricane Center has now Hurricane Wilma
tracking
over Florida this weekend, west to east and right over Jupiter. Damn!
Here
we go again.

Eisboch

I'm supposed to leave on a Disney Cruise this coming Saturday, leaving
from Port
Canaveral for Key West on Sunday.

Ask me if I'm concerned!

There's nothing to be concerned over. That cruise won't leave port.

Oh well, from what I understand the damn boat didn't have any rod holders
anyway!

I went on the Disney boat with my kids a couple of years ago and I didn't
like it. Too many kids! I like my kids, but not other peoples' kids.

My sons were 2 1/2 years old and 6 months old when we went...which was too
young for them to take advantage of the on-board camps and kids activities.
If they were older, we probably would have had a better time. To top it
off, we all left the boat with strep throat.

My favorite boats have been Princess and Celebrity. Royal Caribbean was OK,
as was NCL. The highlight of the NCL cruise was that we had an aft 2-room
penthouse with a balconey that stretched across 1/3 of the ship. If I had
known what that balconey was like, I would have brought 50 weight rods/reels
and high-speed trolling lures. ;-)

First time I went to the Bahamas was on a cruise ship. It was just
so-so. Decent food, but pretty boring otherwise. Now I fly. To me, it's
the equivelent of taking a bus as opposed to flying, except out there,
there's nothing to see except water. It'd be different if you stopped
at reefs to fish.

PocoLoco

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:02:50 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

" *JimH*" wrote in message

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:21:44 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

~~ snippage ~~

[...]

I just don't get the fascination with cruise ships - don't understand
it.

Seems boring to me.

Have you ever been on a cruise? I was a skeptic also until I took one.
I now like a casual cruise though....screw the suits and tuxes.

Been on 3 cruises. No more, unless maybe a 5 day in the Aegean Islands, to
check out which ones I want to go back to. First a 16 day Panama Canal
cruise. The canal was great, but other than that about 8 days into the
cruise, I was wishing to be off. I much rather go to a destination and
sightsee on my own time. Next to last trip was a month in Italy and no
cruise. Loved it. Last trip was to the Galapagoes and 7 days on a tour
boat with 95 others. At least 60 were really obnoxious. Thinking of a
drive to Alaska next year. Want a boat, rent for the day.

I want to do a motorcycle trip to Alaska. Been a dream of mine for a long time.
--
John H

PocoLoco

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:04:23 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"PocoLoco" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:35:21 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

[...]

You can get top-notch food at almost any hour of the day.

You get to see a lot of different ports of call...which helps you decide
where you want to travel to on your next vacation.

They're great...as long as you steer clear of the over-priced excursions
that they sell on board. You can always negotiate better deals (with more
personal freedom) if you get off the boat and book it on your own.

Disney offers room service 24/7, not to mention 24/7 buffets. I don't
think I'll
be starving to death. Disney World did have some good food. I'm hoping
that on
the ship will be as good.
--
John H

We have been on Holland America, and I found the food was OK, presentation
good to great, but food was average. Hard to cook for 800-2000 people and
do other than average.

I'm easily pleased.
--
John H

PocoLoco

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 04:48:21 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

I played hockey with a kid whose grandfather owned the Concord. We never
stayed there, but the kid's grandfather arranged for us to practice on
the Concord's hockey rink with the Montreal Canadians when they were
staying there before a weekend game with the NY Rangers.

I was about 9 or 10 at the time, and have a really cool picture of me
sitting on the bench flanked on either side by Guy Lafleur and Larry
Robinson. In full equipment, those guys looked huge.

What! There's no justice in the world.......that should have been a
deserving kid, like me.....

We had to score on their goalie(I don't remember his name) in order to win a
t-shirt. Guy Lafleur pulled me aside and told me to shoot about 10 feet to
the right of the net. I started at center ice like I was going in for a
penalty shot, got to the top of the key, and shot 10 feet to the right of
the goalie as instructed...and Lafleur and Robinson moved the net so the
shot would go in. Free t-shirt!

Cool!
--
John H

Bill McKee

"PocoLoco" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 03:04:23 GMT, "Bill McKee"
wrote:

"PocoLoco" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:35:21 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

m...
[...]

Actually the problem is boredom with the food. All very similar. Even the
Hamburgers on the back deck in the afternoon, were - Just Hamburgers. Not
great, grilled onion and mushroom, with bacon burgers. Just a burger or
cheese burger with a table of sides to plop on the bun.

PocoLoco

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:40:24 GMT, "Hank" wrote:

"PocoLoco" wrote in message
I'm supposed to leave on a Disney Cruise this coming Saturday, leaving
from Port
Canaveral for Key West on Sunday.

Ask me if I'm concerned!
--
John H

Are you concerned?

Thanks for showing your concern! My gosh, it took long enough.

Yes, I'm concerned!

--
John H

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
It's just that they know so much that isn't so."

Ronald Reagan