Harry.Krause

Default West Coast Boating Forum

In article , Lloyd Sumpter says...

Hi,

I've been frequenting a wonderful fishing forum full of great local
folks, but I've been wishing for a similar board for boating. I've seen a
few "Canadian" forums, but they all seem centered around the east (as is
can.rec.boating). Is there a boating forum with a West-coast flavour?

If not, I'm thinking of setting one up. Anyone wanna join?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Put my boat picture up on it.

http://mk23.image.pbase.com/u42/etha...rticle2706.jpg

Don White

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
Hi,

snip

I've seen a few "Canadian" forums, but they all seem centered around
the east (as is
can.rec.boating). Is there a boating forum with a West-coast flavour?

snip...

make that centered around the 'center'...that is Ontario & Quebec.
Lloyd Sumpter

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:08:22 -0700, Harry.Krause wrote:

In article , Lloyd Sumpter says...

Hi,

I've been frequenting a wonderful fishing forum full of great local
folks, but I've been wishing for a similar board for boating. I've seen a
few "Canadian" forums, but they all seem centered around the east (as is
can.rec.boating). Is there a boating forum with a West-coast flavour?

If not, I'm thinking of setting one up. Anyone wanna join?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Put my boat picture up on it.

http://mk23.image.pbase.com/u42/etha...rticle2706.jpg

Sure, "Harry" - as soon as you move to Nanaimo (or at least can tell me
what a Squamish is!)

Lloyd

*JimH*

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 14:25:21 -0700, Lloyd Sumpter
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 13:08:22 -0700, Harry.Krause wrote:

In article , Lloyd Sumpter
says...

Hi,

I've been frequenting a wonderful fishing forum full of great local
folks, but I've been wishing for a similar board for boating. I've seen
few "Canadian" forums, but they all seem centered around the east (as is
can.rec.boating). Is there a boating forum with a West-coast flavour?

If not, I'm thinking of setting one up. Anyone wanna join?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

Put my boat picture up on it.

http://mk23.image.pbase.com/u42/etha...rticle2706.jpg

Sure, "Harry" - as soon as you move to Nanaimo (or at least can tell me
what a Squamish is!)

Come on - everybody knows what a Squamish is - it's a squished squash.

~~ sheesh ~~

I thought it was a squashed squid.

Lloyd Sumpter

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:02:27 -0500, Skipper wrote:

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

Just another comment on Potential Members:

Note this this will be a forum for WEST COAST CANADA, with some interest
for what you Americans call the Pacific Northwest. So, that rules out
anyone from California, or east of the Rockies.

And THAT rules out virtually EVERYONE on this board, except Chuck.

I'd say that would get rid of all the childish name-calling and politics.

That quite an enemies list you have there Lloyd.

Not ememies. Just people who don't understand west-coast boating. When you
can tell me what a quallicum is (or who Todd Bertuzzi is), you'd be
welcome.

So, if the only member
of this forum that would be invited to attend your coronation is that
lying architect of personal destruction, Chucky. Why didn't you just
send him an email?

Because I was hoping I was wrong about the lack of West-Coast boaters. So
far, it looks like I'm right on.

BTW, why is it you have no comment about my factual

Nice to have your own little set of facts, Skippy. I'd like to visit your
Universe sometime - what's the required mizture of drugs?

observation that you
abandoned the Rec.Boats pitcher site out of peak and put very little
effort into it?

Answered in another post. Unlike you, I don't stay where I'm not wanted.

Lloyd

Skipper

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

IMO, the remarks WERE on topic and accurate. His bailout of the
Rec.Boats photo site was abrupt and motivated by a fit of pique.

Nope. My pullout was motivated my many personal attacks and a lack of
interest in boating in my area. Hence, my interest in a west-coast forum.
I'm a West-coast Canadian - you couldn't hope to understand.

Oh, I do understand, pal. My comments about your abrupt abandonment of
the Rec.Boats site were spot on. As to comments about boating in your
area, I've initiated *many* posts about boating in the NW. Do you not
remember the Kodiak and Seattle trip reports?

--
Skipper

So what sized outboard did you end up with for that inflatable, and did
performance meet your expectations?

Harry Krause wrote:
Skipper wrote:
Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

Just another comment on Potential Members:

Note this this will be a forum for WEST COAST CANADA, with some interest
for what you Americans call the Pacific Northwest. So, that rules out
anyone from California, or east of the Rockies.

And THAT rules out virtually EVERYONE on this board, except Chuck.

I'd say that would get rid of all the childish name-calling and politics.

That quite an enemies list you have there Lloyd. So, if the only member
of this forum that would be invited to attend your coronation is that
lying architect of personal destruction, Chucky. Why didn't you just
send him an email?

BTW, why is it you have no comment about my factual observation that you
abandoned the Rec.Boats pitcher site out of peak and put very little
effort into it?

--
Skipper

Out of peak?

Peak?

Hehehe.

Definitely not Skipper.

Maybe the real deal is vacationing on Pike's Pique. :-)

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
Skipper wrote:
Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

[...]

Instead of constantly playing this little game of yours, just call him and
put this crap to rest already Chuck.