Default West Coast Boating Forum

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 04:24:33 +0000, Eric Partridge wrote:

Sounds like an idea. I can't find anyone on the Canadian west coast,
either. Not on line, that is. ;-)

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news
Hi,

I've been frequenting a wonderful fishing forum full of great local
folks, but I've been wishing for a similar board for boating. I've seen a
few "Canadian" forums, but they all seem centered around the east (as is
can.rec.boating). Is there a boating forum with a West-coast flavour?

If not, I'm thinking of setting one up. Anyone wanna join?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36

OK, it's ONLINE!

http://www.bcboatnet.org

If you boat on the West Coast of Canada (or even the US "Pacific
Northwest"), you're welcome to join the forum. Come one, come all!

Lloyd

Good luck with this. :-)

Buck Frobisher

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news
OK, it's ONLINE!

http://www.bcboatnet.org

If you boat on the West Coast of Canada (or even the US "Pacific
Northwest"), you're welcome to join the forum. Come one, come all!

Lloyd

Very nice site! Clean, simple, very easy to navigate. Did you "bake it
from scratch", or is that something "off the shelf"?

regards,
Frank
- a lowly Easterner, and now trespasser

Lloyd Sumpter

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:17:20 -0400, Buck Frobisher wrote:

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
news
OK, it's ONLINE!

http://www.bcboatnet.org

If you boat on the West Coast of Canada (or even the US "Pacific
Northwest"), you're welcome to join the forum. Come one, come all!

Lloyd

Very nice site! Clean, simple, very easy to navigate. Did you "bake it
from scratch", or is that something "off the shelf"?

regards,
Frank
- a lowly Easterner, and now trespasser

Thanks!

It's a combination. The forum itself is pretty much off-the-shelf: a free
program call YaBB (Yet Another Bulletin Board). The front-end stuff is
mine.

I donno about this "trespassing" thing... as soon as you Easterners find
out how good the boating is out West, you'll all wanna come out. Then I'll
have to share my anchorages with even MORE people!

But no, you're welcome to browse: While you're huddled in your igloos,
your boats "winterized" and water solid, you can live our carefree lives
vicariously.

Lloyd

David Flew

Hope you don't mind me browsing too - in Melbourne, Australia I can at least
claim to have no affinity with either East or West. No fears that I may use
up all your favourite spots ....
David

[...]

Lloyd

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:49:22 -0400, Smith Smithers wrote:

I like your new handle, Capt. Druid.

Thanks!

I looked for the trolling or political forum and I missed it, can you
provide a link? ; )

Well, most of the trolling would be in the Sal****er board - the
Freshwater guys prefer casting. Politics go in "docktalk", but you won't
recognize the players. We don't have anyone named Scooter.

Lloyd