Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default OT New Head of CIA

Unconfirmed sources report that President Bush has chosen Fluffy, Dick
Cheney's poodle to run the CIA. Fluffy, a black standard poodle, will
take over the post vacated by William Tenante pending congressional
approval. Fluffy will have her work cut out for her running the
beleaguered agency in this time of heightened scrutiny. Washington
insiders were initially surprised by Fluffy's selection, but upon
further thought feel it is inline with other Bush administration
appointments.
"I know it sounds strange to appoint a poodle to run the CIA, but if
you look at the traits the Bush administration values you will
understand why Fluffy is the perfect choice. By all accounts Fluffy is
incredibly loyal and very obedient, and that counts for a lot in the
Bush administration. The fact that she is Cheney's dog also weighs very
much in her favor. Everybody knows that if Dick Cheney don't like you,
you are not going to be in the government very long, unless you are
Colon Powell." Said veteran Bush watcher Herman Gettlefinger, of the
Rand Corporation.

The choice of a standard poodle to run the CIA is probably a good one
considering the poodle's traits as a breed. Poodles are known to be
stable in temperament, sociable with children, and make good watchdogs.
They are also highly intelligent, quick learners, and have strong
problem-solving abilities. All these traits and the ability to sniff
out terrorists will serve Fluffy in good stead.

Fluffy's trainer, Joellen Greer, had this to say about the appointment.
"We are really going to miss her around here. She is such a good dog,
very sweet, but also protective. I feel safer already knowing she will
be leading the CIA. I've seen her go after chip monks and squirrels and
I tell you what I wouldn't want to be a terrorist with Fluffy on the
job."

Congressional hearings are not expected to be a problem for Fluffy.
Republicans and poodle breeders are already lining up to support her.
Tom 'the Hammer' Delay has assured the president that Fluffy's
appointment is going to pass easily, 'or else!' Senate Majority Leader
Bill Frist has also assured the president that debate in the Senate
will be perfunctory.

Fluffy released a statement to the press through her trainer "I am
honored to serve the country and my master in this capacity. I will try
to model my service after the great leaders of my kind. I will do my
best to live up the examples set by Lassie and Old Yeller. I know that
some may question my ability to run an agency like the CIA, but I
promise to doggedly pursue the terrorists that threaten our country.
The county will be a safer place with Fluffy sleeping at the foot of
the bed!"