Default My new project (0/1)

I just bought this boat this weekend for $875 supposedly ready to go
in the water but needs a lot of tlc. Its a 1969 16 ft Olson with a
q130a volvo engine and the 250D outdrive. Doe anyone have any
knowledge of the quality of these boats and the older volvo engines
and outdrives?
thanx
Patrick

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:53:54 GMT, Dan Krueger

#1 Binaries shouldn't be posted here.
#2 Save you money for a new roof. It won't be long...

Dan

There always has to be at least one prick when someone ask for advice

Patrick

wrote:
I just bought this boat this weekend for $875 supposedly ready to go
in the water but needs a lot of tlc. Its a 1969 16 ft Olson with a
q130a volvo engine and the 250D outdrive. Doe anyone have any
knowledge of the quality of these boats and the older volvo engines
and outdrives?
thanx
Patrick

1900

Default At least it's on topic...unlike 75% of the posts...BACK OFF!

Here's my 2 cents worth...

I'm top posting...but I like to and I personally prefer it. I've been a
usenet user for a very very long time, and I disagree with the norm of not
top posting.

I really don't care about binaries. I have DSL. Even with 56K dialup, who
cares. When I had 19.2 or 9600 or 2400 even, the I DID care. But nowadays,
bandwidth and storage are cheap.

But all these ****ING IDIOTS that post off topic DAY AFTER ****ING DAY ****
me off beyond anything any TROLL could EVER DO. There are over 23,000
newsgroups on my crappy VERIZON DSL. Out of 23,000 ****ING NEWSGROUPS,
you'd think Harry Krause and the rest of the merry idiots that can't stay on
topic could find ALT.POLITICS.

All that said, I'm not at all sympathetic of people ripping a guy a new
asshold who is ON TOPIC, but posted a binary. TOUGH ****, it's a boat
picture. Deal with it. It's ON TOPIC at least.

All that said, his response wasn't very nice...so I'm not surprised of the
response he got either.

Enough's enough. If people are going rag about his binary, then JUMP ALL
OVER all the off topic IDIOTS too!

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message

Also Sprach :

#1 Binaries shouldn't be posted here.
#2 Save you money for a new roof. It won't be long...

Dan
There always has to be at least one prick when someone ask for advice

He gave you excellent advice, on both counts.

Dan

I wasn't asking about advice on home remodeling and the binarie was
retaining to a question , so I don't think it was out of line to post
it.

Patrick

YOU WERE TOTALLY OUT OF LINE!!! And to resort to insults when someone
informed you of your screwup, was both wrong and totally assinine. Put a
frigg'n link to the picture. Lots of free pic websites. This newsgroup

may
be screwed up by all the political posting, but it does not have

"binaries"
anywhere in it's name. There are binary newsgroups, that you can post and
put a link to. Hope you project boat has termites also.
Bill

Floor project for my 15' boat Ivan Yonge General 7 April 9th 04 03:23 PM
Project Boat Phil Smith General 4 March 30th 04 01:42 PM
100 hp Johnson VRO project Mickey General 1 March 21st 04 02:20 PM
BIMINI TOP Project Update JR North General 0 August 1st 03 03:06 AM