Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mickey

Default 100 hp Johnson VRO project

Jim sure put a bug in my ear with his idea of the electric fuel pump in fact
it's a new hobby looking around for the deal deal on the net now. I posed
the question to Holley and found out they make a "marine" grade electric
fuel pump in both the "red" and the "blue" models which most likely have a
slightly higher price tag but they are USCG approved. When looking at the
enlarged pictures of these marine pumps I see no difference.

I did find out some interesting facts on the "red" pump and since my motor
isn't a hot rod it should work, here's Holley's reply to my email:
Answer

This is our red fuel pump which is a part number 12-801 and it is rated at
97 gph, it has a max pressure of 7 psi but it typically flows at 4.5-5 psi
and the motor draws about 2 amps. There are several parts available for
rebuild on this pump, the check valve kit for this pump is under part number
12-805, the rotor and vane kit is under part number 12-811, then you can get
the lower housing assy if needed under part number 12-808 and then you have
the armature cap and brush assy under part number 12-855.

The marine unit is part number 712-801 for the "red" and 712-802 for the
"blue".

Now on with my quest...

Mick

OT 1986 100hp Johnson VRO question? Mickey General 4 March 17th 04 08:00 AM
johnson lower unit help Tom K General 0 March 4th 04 03:12 AM
Only Slightly OT Jim General 1 November 19th 03 04:18 AM
Power lift retrofit for 48 HP Johnson? Rural Knight General 0 August 8th 03 07:30 PM
Stiff steering on Johnson 15hp Lloyd Sumpter General 1 July 11th 03 12:22 AM