Mudfish\(Co30\)

Default Shallow water sounder/fishfinder.

Group:

I run a sled type boat in shallow rivers
with a jet outboard and need to replace
my current fish finder, which has bellied up.

What I need is a sounder/finder that will read as
shallow as possible on plane. Like in the
1-3 foot range. It doesn't have to do anything
below 100 feet - ever, just tell me what I have
under the keel running on plane in really shallow
water and find fish (generally off plane) in deeper
holes.

Does anyone have any particular suggestions
for finder brands or specifics to best meet those
requirements?

Thanks
--
{{Kennebecriverguide{('

www.kennebecriverguide.com
"Careful with that Axe Eugene."

IBNFSHN

I'm partial to Garmin, but in your case I think a Lowrance or Huminbird with
a 60 deg transducer is your best bet. You need a wide transducer to see as
much of the bottom as possible. FYI, a standard 20 degree transducer will
show you about 1 foot of the bottom in 3 foot of water.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va