B. Alexander

Default HEAD BOLT TORQUE ON MERC 3.0L

Hi group,
I have to change the head gasket on my 1989 mercruiser 3.0 engine. I have
ordered the shop manual but it is only due to arrive on Monday, and I would
like to have the boat ready for the weekend. I would appreciate if somebody
who has a manual could tell me the ft/lbs of torque and tightening sequence
required for the head bolts and the manifold bolts.
Thanks for your help.

Jim Kelly

Manifold to cyl. head: 20-25 ft.lbs.

Head bolts: 90-100 ft.lbs. (torque to 1/2 value and go thru pattern again
torching to this value).
10 6 2 3 7
+ + + + +
+ + + + + FRONT