Old June 25th 04, 10:44 PM
Petey the Wonder Dog

Default Tow hitch balls and trailer weights

The number on my trailer ball is 2000#.

What exactly does that number refer to?
I can't see how it would refer to total weight.
Seems it sould be refering to the tongue weight, but I'm not certain,
thus the question.

(It's on a Ford Explorer Sport 2wd rated at 5500#.)

Old June 26th 04, 12:02 AM
Don White

** should only be used to tow 2000 lb trailer/boat.
Believe this is a class 1

Old June 26th 04, 02:47 AM
Dan Krueger

Make that "Class II"...