BoatBanter.com

-   -   Tow hitch balls and trailer weights (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/5237-tow-hitch-balls-trailer-weights.html)

Petey the Wonder Dog June 25th 04 10:44 PM

Tow hitch balls and trailer weights

The number on my trailer ball is 2000#.

What exactly does that number refer to?
I can't see how it would refer to total weight.
Seems it sould be refering to the tongue weight, but I'm not certain,
thus the question.

(It's on a Ford Explorer Sport 2wd rated at 5500#.)

Don White June 26th 04 12:02 AM

Tow hitch balls and trailer weights

** should only be used to tow 2000 lb trailer/boat.
Believe this is a class 1

Dan Krueger June 26th 04 02:47 AM

Tow hitch balls and trailer weights

Make that "Class II"...