Marco Polo

Default Pontoon Koyat 1987

I am planning to buy a Kayot 1987 pontoon boat. Before writing the
check, I have decided to look on the web to find some info on
pontoons, pricing, parts, etc.

I am having a hard time finding info on parts for pontoons. Haven't
ran into any web site for Koyat parts or any info for newbies planning
to buy a boat.

Also, this boat comes with a Mercury 70 HP. The owner took the boat to
the lake for a demo and the engine seemed to work fine, I can tell
that the water pump was working and the boat floated and moved in good
speed... But that's all I can tell on the engine, since I don't know
anything about it.

1) Is there any web site out there for pontoon parts specifically ? I
needs some comsmetic repairs and I want to be sure I won't be stucked
with it w/o being able to do much work to improve its condition.

2) Is there anything to look before buying a pontoon ?

Any help would be very appreciated...

Thanks

Marco