BoatBanter.com

-   -   Can Tow from Florida to Northeast for $$ (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/509-re-can-tow-florida-northeast-%24%24.html)

Steven Shelikoff August 21st 03 04:18 AM

Can Tow from Florida to Northeast for $$

On 20 Aug 2003 10:51:48 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:23:23 GMT, "Bill Cole"
wrote:

Steve,
If you read about someone going "postal' in Atlanta are you going to take
responsibility for pushing him over the edge? ; )

Knowing him, if he tried to go postal he'd probably only end up
accidentally shooting himself.

Another truly ignorant post, from a truly ignorant person. I suppose
now, you'll try to tell the NG that you are an expert marksman?

lol, this is too funny, but as a matter of fact, I am. Here's a tiny
bit of personal information: I earned my NRA smallbore 4 position expert
rating when I was only 12 years old, so I guess you could say I've been
an expert marksman for a very long time. My target shooting resume has
grown quite extensively since then, winning many matches and earning
many awards through the years. I did just type a whole lot of the
details in, but I deleted them ... the better to keep you guessing.

Steve

Steven Shelikoff August 21st 03 04:40 AM

Can Tow from Florida to Northeast for $$

On 20 Aug 2003 12:06:05 -0700, (Walt Arvin)
wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
Keep trying! But try not to get to frustrated. I wouldn't want you to
take it out on anyone close to you.

Steve

Hello, Steve. I've been a lurker for quite some time, and feel
compelled to reply to you. I originally came here searching for
advice. Once here, I have watched the threads with you and Basskisser.
I must say, I think that he is right. I find it quite humorous that
anything that he brings up, beit martial arts, mechanics, even his
work you automatically think you know more than he about those fields.
I'll tell you something. I went to school with a bunch of engineers.
They are by *far* very intelligent people. For you to think that
everything basskisser does, or says is stupid, indeed shows how much
you -don't- know. I would think that if you were as smart as your
egotisticle mind thinks you are, you would know that.

You probably haven't followed the thread from the very beginning then.
And you also just don't "get it." The only reason I'm so hard on
basskisser is because he really does believe he knows everything about
everything. I just love pointing out the flaws in his belief. He
really is an idiot though. But I would leave him alone if he wasn't
such a bully full of bluster and a braggart.

If you did follow the thread from the beginning, he's the first one to
say I was wrong when I said an engine normally burns some oil. He has
such a big ego that he still thinks he's right, even with evidence from
very credible sources against him. He thinks he knows more than GM and
Toyota about engines. What you fail to realize, probably because you
haven't been here very long, is that my calling him stupid and saying
he's wrong about everything is just a parody of him. And he falls for
it all the time, and continues to try and defend his faulty positions
with even more false ones. He's so easy to tease and reacts so
predictably to it that arguing with him is almost like kicking a beaten
dog. But he's the dog that doesn't learn and keeps coming back for
more. Again, I wouldn't play with him so much if he wasn't also such a
braggart.

There are others, like that Joe. He has lightened up on him, I
noticed, because he finally came to grips with the idea that baskisser
was right.

What was basskisser right about? I only read about 1/4 of his posts and
I'd be glad to admit when he's right about something. So far, I haven't
seen it though.

Steve

P.S., basskisser, I know I'm responding to YOU, you idiot. It was
obvious when you said Basskisser was right about something. No one else
in their right mind would say that.

Steven Shelikoff August 21st 03 04:51 AM

On 20 Aug 2003 10:54:41 -0700, (basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 20 Aug 2003 04:33:07 -0700,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 19 Aug 2003 05:24:03 -0700,
(basskisser) wrote:

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message
There you go again. Were you too stupid to understand me the first,
second and third time I told you I wasn't going to give a stalker like
you any info? You really need to work on remedial english, or ESL.

Steve

I know, it's because you really don't know a damned thing about
Karate, only what you've learned from some fluff websites wanting you
to sign up. Here are quotes, many from the master and father of AKK,
Ed Parker. I know that you will say you know more about the subject
than he, even though he brought the art form to the U.S.:

[...]

All in all, you see, Steve, you don't know anything more than you've
cut from various websites full of fluff.

I've read them all and not a single one disagrees with anything I've
said. So obviously, I'm not going to say I know more than any of the
people you quoted.

Not a single one explicitly says that calmness is NOT a factor in
Karate, so you have still not proven yourself correct when you claim
it's not.

Not a single one explicitly says that there is no etiquette in Karate,
so you have still not proven yourself correct when you claim it's not.

Not a single one says that it's ok to physically attack someone who is
posing no threat to you just because you got frustrated. So when you
threaten to do that, you obviously show that you either don't follow the
principles of karate or just don't know what they are.

Keep trying! But try not to get to frustrated. I wouldn't want you to
take it out on anyone close to you.

Steve

I'll tell you why it is frustrating, because you are too friggin'
stupid to understand. Now you are saying that YOU need to have a
document "explicitly say" something in order for you to believe it??

Hey, that's what YOU required from me and I provided to you in the oil
thread. You didn't believe GM meant their engines burn oil when they
said that part of the thin film of oil on the cylinder wall gets lost
during the power stroke in the combustion process. So I had to go find
one from Toyota that explicitly says engines normally BURN (exact word)
oil. Just because you're so stupid that you still think engines should
normally burn NO oil isn't my fault. I've done all anyone can to
educate you and you've proven to be unteachable.

Okay, then, let's start he
Show me where ANY of the crap from websites (as that is your ONLY
research resource) that says, "explicitly" that a normal engine "BURNS
OIL". Explicitly now, because what's good for the goose, is good for
the gander. I didn't say ANYTHING about CONSUMING *in the combustion
process, I said BURNS OIL, as you have stated.

Ok, since you must have missed it the first, second and third times,
from the Supra handbook at
http://www.brandwood.net/supra/handbook/2/oil.html

"Oil is used to lubricate pistons, piston rings and cylinders. A thin
film of oil is left on the cylinder wall when a piston moves downwards
in the cylinder. High negative pressure generated when the vehicle is
decelerating sucks some of this oil into the combustion chamber. This
oil as well as some part of the oil film left on the cylinder wall is
burned by the high temperature combustion gasses during the combustion
process."

"Oil is also used to lubricate the stems of the intake valves. Some of
this oil is sucked into the combustion chamber together with the intake
air and is burned along with the fuel. High temperature exhaust gases
also burn the oil used to lubricate the exhaust valve stems."

Here, Toyota is giving several ways that engines normally BURN (their
exact word) oil. They didn't even list all of them, but what they did
list is sufficient to prove you wrong. Toyota is explicitly saying that
engines normally BURN oil. Are you happy now? Probably not.:)

Steve

P.S., notice that they use the term "combustion process" in the same way
as the GM cite, except in this case they explicitly say the oil is
BURNED during the combustion process.

JESUS, Steve, how MANY friggin' times do I have to REPEAT this to get
it through that ignorant head of yours? It says COMBUSTION PROCESS.
What a dip**** you are!!

You are soooo funny, and soooo predictable. Why do you think I added my
P.S. above. Because I knew that you don't know how to read, and were
going to hook on the term combustion process. Of course, you totally
ignored all the places where it says engines normally BURN oil, and
listed a few ways that they do BURN oil.

Now, read the quote again and tell me how you can interpret it as saying
that engines should normally not burn any oil. Here it is again for
you:
"Oil is used to lubricate pistons, piston rings and cylinders. A thin
film of oil is left on the cylinder wall when a piston moves downwards
in the cylinder. High negative pressure generated when the vehicle is
decelerating sucks some of this oil into the combustion chamber. This
oil as well as some part of the oil film left on the cylinder wall is
burned by the high temperature combustion gasses during the combustion
process."

Do you understand what that's saying? It's saying that oil is burned
whenever an engine is running.

"Oil is also used to lubricate the stems of the intake valves. Some of
this oil is sucked into the combustion chamber together with the intake
air and is burned along with the fuel. High temperature exhaust gases
also burn the oil used to lubricate the exhaust valve stems."

Do you understand what that's saying? It's saying that oil is burned
whenever an engine is running. Oh, and notice that this paragraph makes
no reference to the COMBUSTION PROCESS that has you soooo confused. It
simply says that oil is sucked into the combustion chamber and burned
along with the fuel. That's it, that's enough to prove you wrong.

Steve

Steven Shelikoff August 21st 03 05:09 AM

Can Tow from Florida to Northeast for $$

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:13:50 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

Walt,
If you think *that* is why Joe lightened up on basskisser, than you're
dumber than basskisser. I gave up responding to basskisser because he just
isn't even worth the few cells that wear off my finger tips while typing.

As for Steve's responses to basskisser...
Steve is just trying to get his goat...and is doing a pretty damn good job
at it. You obviously haven't been lurking long enough to realize that
that's what Steve is about.

BTW--I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
Engineers are a smart bunch when it comes to statics, dynamics, fluid
mechanics, heat and mass transfer, systems analysis, etc. But, most were a
bunch of commonsense dopes...like basskisser.

In the motoroil thread, basskisser has proven that, along with no common
sense, he *doesn't* know about statics, dynamics and fluid mechanics.
He's not much of an engineer. Lucky for him, we haven't covered heat
and mass transfer or system analysis yet.

Steve

basskisser August 21st 03 12:04 PM

Can Tow from Florida to Northeast for $$

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On 20 Aug 2003 12:06:05 -0700,
(Walt Arvin)
wrote:

[...]

Uh, I'm afraid not, there Steve. I have NO clue who this guy is. But,
at least HE understands that YOU are the braggart, and the one who
thinks he knows everything. Look at your posts, for crying out loud!
EVERYTHING that I've posted, you try to make people think you know
more than I. I've got a degree in engineering, worked in the field for
many years, have my own successful consulting business, and yet you
know more than I about THAT. Take Karate, I've trained HARD, read
every piece of literature I can get my hands on. I have read EVERY
SINGLE book by Ed Parker. I train almost twice the amount as most
people at most dojo's do. Yet you try to act like you know more about
THAT. I've even asked where you've gotten your training, etc. The best
you can come up with is some fluff websites. Yet, somehow, in your
little brain, you think that is enough for you to be an expert. I
really do have sympathy for someone like you that is so stuck on
themselves that they read about something for 10 minutes, and alas,
you are an expert.

basskisser August 21st 03 12:11 PM

Can Tow from Florida to Northeast for $$

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...

wrote:

[...]

BWAAAHAAAA!!! This is just TOO much...I just showed this to a friend
of mine, he's laughing too!! I just KNEW you'd be an expert at
ANYTHING I shoved out there!!!!! Too much....!
I am quite an accomplished homebrewer. I've taken classes, and brew
about 15 gallons a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. I have quite
and extensive beer list on my bar refrig. My friends love to see me
coming with my next batch. They are my guinea pigs. So, I'd guess now
that it said, that you know more about homebrewing than I? Quick, to
your websites....

basskisser August 21st 03 12:14 PM

"Joe" wrote in message .. .

[...]

Basskissers posting IP is 68.155.242.201
Walt Arvin's posting IP is 68.155.242.201

Asslicker, you are one dumb sonafa bitch.

Sorry, ain't me. I am here for you, though, JoeTechnician!!! Pulled
much cable lately? Or should we call you JoeContractor now? You sure
as HELL aren't an engineer!

Joe August 21st 03 01:38 PM

Can Tow from Florida to Northeast for $$

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

You are proven to be a liar again.
Do you not understand IP addressing?

You are pathetic.

NOYB August 21st 03 03:45 PM

wrote:

[...]

Careful Steve. Walt is obviously basskisser's suppressed alter ego. When
basskisser snaps, folk'll be reading about it in the Gwinnett Citizen.

basskisser August 21st 03 05:51 PM

"Joe" wrote in message .. .
"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Joe" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

No, you are. I'm telling you, you've got something, or someONE screwed
up, twit. It ain't me. Never heard of him, JoeTechnician. The only
thing that's been proven here, is you trying to make something out
that isn't true. Just like you being an engineer, huh?