Dan Fritz

Default Newbie Question -Water pressure

I just bought a 2001 Bayliner 2455 and don't know how to pump up the
pressure so my faucets will work. Also any advice on making the most out of
my head and waste tank would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan

Gould 0738

I just bought a 2001 Bayliner 2455 and don't know how to pump up the
pressure so my faucets will work. Also any advice on making the most out of
my head and waste tank would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan

You should have an electric pump between the water tank and the faucets.
There's nothing to "pump up". Find the switch and turn it on. If your faucets
still aren't working, check to see if there's any water in the tank. If there's
water in the tank and none coming outof the faucts with the pump turned on,
there's either an in-line valve shut someplace or your pump is bad.

Disco the hose on the inlet side of the pump. If you have water in the water
tank and there is no valve in between that's closed, you should see water run
out of the hose at this point.

If you still have no water with the pump turned on, you probably a new pump.

Peggie Hall

Dan Fritz wrote:
I just bought a 2001 Bayliner 2455 and don't know how to pump up the
pressure so my faucets will work.

Just turn on the pump...there should be a switch in the galley. If the
red light does not come on, the pump isn't getting any power...that may
be a simple as a loose connection or a blown fuse...or it could be a
more complicated electrical issue. As Chuck said, make sure there's
plenty of water in the tank first.

Check out the Bayliner Owners Club (BOC) at
http://pub12.ezboard.com/bbocweb It's an excellent source of all kinds
of information from other owners who among them own just about every
model/model year Bayliner ever made.

Also any advice on making the most out of
my head and waste tank would be greatly appreciated.

At the risk of appearing self-serving, I think you'll find the link in
my signature a useful source of that information. It's a complete "101
For Dummies" course in how to correctly operate and maintain a marine
sanitation system...which would be a bit long to post here, but I'm
always glad to answer any specific questions and trouble-shoot/solve any
problems online.

--
Peggie