Don White

Default OT More RTC states, less crime

"privacy.at Anonymous Remailer" wrote in
message vacy.at...

More RTC states, less crime. The nation`s violent crime rate has decreased
every year since 1991 and in 2002 hit a 23-year low. In the same period,

17
states adopted and 13 states improved RTC laws. RTC states have lower
violent crime rates, on average: 24% lower total violent crime, 22% lower
murder, 37% lower robbery, and 20% lower aggravated assault. The five
states with the lowest violent crime rates are RTC states. (Data: FBI)

Perhaps the Nazi Fachists that hate the idea of an armed citizen should be
forced to wear yellow armbands. Then the criminals will know who to go
after and not force us that carry to draw our weapons.

** I'll match my 'restricted' provinces against your RTC states anytime.

Harry Krause

privacy.at Anonymous Remailer wrote:

Then the criminals will know who to go
after and not force us that carry to draw our weapons.

Well people look at you and they say
Is you the law?
bb

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 02:53:16 +0200 (CEST), "privacy.at Anonymous
Remailer" wrote:

Perhaps the Nazi Fachists

What's a Fachist?

bb

Gould 0738

Bogus Crap.

Are you deliberately spreading this lie, or simply (and stupidly) repeating
something you've been told?

Your argument, (that the less restriction there is on the right to carry
firearms the lower the crime rate will be), refutes itself.

There are only 2 states in the union with almost unlimited right to carry a
concealed weapon.
Vermont, and Alaska.

You'll like the Vermont statistic:
In 2002, Vermont had the second lowest number of violent crimes per 100,000
residents. 106.7 crimes. North Dakota was
lower, at only 78.2 violent crimes per 100,000.

You won't like the Alaska statistic: In the other state where anybody and
everybody can carry a concealed weapon, the violent crime rate is 12th highest
in the country.
563 violent crimes per 10,000 population.

Violent Crimes are the offenses of murder, forcible rape, robbery, and
aggravated assault.

*All* of the eleven states with greater numbers of violent crime per 10,000
population than Alaska also have RTC laws, except Illinois. They states with
higher rates of violent crime than Alaska a

South Carolina 822
Florida 770
Maryland 769
New Mexico 739
Tennesee 716
Louisiana 662
Nevada 637
Illinois 620
Delaware 599
California 593
Texas 578

Illinois has no right to carry, and is in the dirty dozen, crime wise.

The other three states with no right to carry a

Nebraska: 313
Kansas: 376
Wisconsin: 224

While you can establish that the safest state in the union (VT) has almost
unlimited right to carry, it is also true that 11 of the 12 most dangerous
states have very few restrictions on the right to carry.

The states with no RTC are not, as your claim would suggest, unusally high
crime areas or automatically less safe than states with a free-for-all handgun
policy.
Again, look at Alaska.

Eleven of the 12 states with the *highest* per capita crime rate have few or no
restrictions on RTC.

Sources for all numbers in this post: Federal Bureau of Investigation, Uniform
Crime Reports, 2002.

Looks like there's *no* correlation between RTC states and low rates of violent
crime.

Shove that up your NRA pipe and smoke it.

Gould 0738

Do you take a critical look at anything?

Direct quote from your link:
I mangled a link yesterday. You can read here the story of Hugh Owens, the
Saskatchewan evangelical Christian who was fined $1500 by a Canadian human
rights for publishing a newspaper ad

How the hell does "a Canadian human rights" fine anybody for anything? The
statement doesn't even make sense, yet it's the keystone on which the entire
propaganda piece is built.

Try thinking your way through life, not just responding to statements designed
to trigger hateful and stereotypical emotions.