Doug Kanter

Default OT The Conservative Brain

"noah" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:50:15 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"noah" wrote in message
.. .

I find some of the political discussions interesting. The three-month
long bilateral personal attacks are moronic, and an insult to the
group in general.

My two cents,
noah

I view this venue in the same way as the bar at a marina. If you found
people there discussing nothing but boats, you could be quite sure you'd
found a bar full of robots.

I hope I made it clear that I agree with your comment Doug. The ones
I could live without are the abusive, profane, name-calling contests
over nothing, that go on forever. It doesn't take much wit, or
intelligence, to incessantly curse out an adversary. I've never
kill-filed anyone, but I've been sorely tempted.

Regards,
noah

Let's kill file EVERYONE. :-)

noah

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:59:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"noah" wrote in message
news

Let's kill file EVERYONE. :-)

Ah, scr*w you, you absolute aborti*n of a good idea. You're a g*dd*mn
poor excuse for a m*n, and I'm sick of your sh*t. If you like these
*ssholes so much, move in with them. @!#%)*^$@@! YOU!!!

I feel better now. ) For no apparent reason.

We Saranac'ers never did like you Tupper's. ;ož

Regards,
noah

You're just jealous because the news from Tupper has gotten out: I am the
new king of lake trout. The tackle shop pundits said they couldn't be caught
at this time of year. Yeah. :-)

Cool!
Any size to them?

Regards,
noah
Doug Kanter

"noah" wrote in message

You're just jealous because the news from Tupper has gotten out: I am the
new king of lake trout. The tackle shop pundits said they couldn't be

caught
at this time of year. Yeah. :-)

Cool!
Any size to them?

Regards,
noah

6 were around 18"-22". 4 were over 26". One of the four accidentally
stumbled onto a sheet of foil and was baked with lemon and garlic butter.
The rest were set free to drive the next fisherman insane. :-)

Last year, I marked tons of fish right on the bottom at 50-60 feet. Big
"icons" were mixed with clouds of smaller ones, obviously baitfish. The
tackle shop guys constantly tell people "you can't compete with baitfish at
this time of year". I mentioned this to my mechanic, who's a Lake Ontario
big fish wizard, and he laughed and provided some advice. $20 later (Dipsy
Diver, Northern King trolling spoons & spinners), and the problem was
solved.

As an added bonus, night trolling gave me an excuse to NOT hang out with the
other lodge guests, who were drowning themselves in "tourist beer", the
god-awful novelty brews sold only to flatlanders. :-)