Eisboch

wrote in message
ups.com...

We snapped a 5/8 inch mooring line yesterday about 11:00AM at the
height of the wind gusts, with 2 to 3 footers coming through the
breakwater at Stamford, CT and wind gusting well over 35 kts.
Fortunately the second line held and I had rigged a backup in advance,
otherwise it would have been a little tense.

Got a few serious gusts here at Kingman and caused me to realize my lines
are a few years old now. They look ok, but I think it would be a good idea
to replace them soon.

Of course, Mrs. E's GB has brand new everything, including a new full
enclosure that the canvas people should be finishing up today. She actually
asked me to check the air in her fenders as I was leaving for the boat. I
have to give her credit. She has her boat looking like new.

Eisboch

Of course, Mrs. E's GB has brand new everything, including a new full
enclosure that the canvas people should be finishing up today. She actually
asked me to check the air in her fenders as I was leaving for the boat. I
have to give her credit. She has her boat looking like new.

If she's ready to take on bigger projects, we always have a little
bright work that needs touching up here and there...

Tom

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:01:10 GMT, Shortwave Sportfishing
wrote:

According to my handy dandy hobby weather station, we just had a gust
of 53 Mph, winds steady out of the Southwest at 25 to 30. There's one
to 42 Mph.

Kewl....

I was in Corpus Christi last night and the front hit around 9:30.
Driving back to the hotel the rain was really coming down and blowing
nearly horizontal in sheets - felt like driving in a hurricane (like
we really need another one). Sure felt better this morning though.