BoatBanter.com

-   -   Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/49010-delay-has-been-charged-criminal-conspiracy.html)

Jim Carter September 28th 05 05:49 PM

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy

News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

Bert Robbins September 28th 05 06:04 PM

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

Jim Carter September 28th 05 06:06 PM

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message
I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

What does a "ham sandwich" got to do with story and who other than you would
think that thought? I never said that Tom DeLay was guilty, I said he was
charged with count of criminal conspiracy.
Jim

[email protected] September 28th 05 06:36 PM

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

thunder September 28th 05 06:58 PM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:04:08 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

Keep that thought. You are going to need it. The Plame indictments
are expected to come down next month. So, who do you think is next?
Libby? Rove? Bush?

Then there is the Frist investigation . . .

Bill McKee September 28th 05 07:38 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

Found guilty of having enough power and money to walk free.

Bert Robbins September 28th 05 08:22 PM

"Red Cloud©" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:04:08 -0400, "Bert Robbins"
wrote:

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Incorrect, but a very common and oft repeated misconception among the
illiterate.

Really? Care to explain?

Bert Robbins September 28th 05 08:26 PM

"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:04:08 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

Keep that thought. You are going to need it. The Plame indictments
are expected to come down next month. So, who do you think is next?
Libby? Rove? Bush?

Plame was not covert the time and had not been covert for more than five
years.

I believe that it will be Plame's husband the honorable acting Ambassador
that leaked her previous status to the media. Miller is protecting someone
other than Rove or Libby.

Then there is the Frist investigation . . .

Frist is an idiot and the Republicans in the Senate will do better without
him.

Curtis CCR September 28th 05 08:37 PM

Bert Robbins wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:04:08 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

Keep that thought. You are going to need it. The Plame indictments
are expected to come down next month. So, who do you think is next?
Libby? Rove? Bush?

Plame was not covert the time and had not been covert for more than five
years.

I believe that it will be Plame's husband the honorable acting Ambassador
that leaked her previous status to the media. Miller is protecting someone
other than Rove or Libby.

Agreed. I am still asking, "Indictments for what?"

Then there is the Frist investigation . . .

Frist is an idiot and the Republicans in the Senate will do better without
him.

Delay is bigger idiot. He has become the epitome of an insider that
detatched himself from reality. To wit, the recent stupidassed
statements he made about budget changes being looked at for hurricane
rebuilding.

Skipper September 28th 05 09:10 PM

--
Skipper

*JimH* September 28th 05 09:14 PM

"Skipper" wrote in message

Skipper

Oh oh. How could we post at the same time Skipper. Chucky said I am you.

Skipper September 28th 05 09:23 PM

Harry Krause wrote:

Jim Carter wrote:
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

What a delight.

The Dems invented political assassination in this country during the
Vietnam War and later against Nixon. I have little doubt you are
delighted with this malicious prosecution.

Worst US Presidents; LBJ (the Great Society & poor war leadership),
Carter (Iran, stagflation, gas lines, the canal, etc., etc., etc.),
Truman (Korea), Hoover (Great Depression).

--
Skipper

P Fritz September 28th 05 09:29 PM

"Skipper" wrote in message
Harry Krause wrote:

Jim Carter wrote:
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

What a delight.

The Dems invented political assassination in this country during the
Vietnam War and later against Nixon. I have little doubt you are
delighted with this malicious prosecution.

Worst US Presidents; LBJ (the Great Society & poor war leadership),
Carter (Iran, stagflation, gas lines, the canal, etc., etc., etc.),
Truman (Korea), Hoover (Great Depression).

FDR........Social security pyramid scheme.

--
Skipper

[email protected] September 28th 05 09:48 PM

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

Found guilty of having enough power and money to walk free.

Idiot.

Garth Almgren September 28th 05 09:52 PM

Around 9/28/2005 9:49 AM, Jim Carter wrote:

News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Not much of a news flash... It was only a matter of time.

--
~/Garth - 1966 Glastron V-142 Skiflite: "Blue-Boat"
"There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing

*JimH* September 28th 05 09:57 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you
are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get
an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

Found guilty of having enough power and money to walk free.

Idiot.

Didn't you *just* post this Kevin?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Has anybody else noticed how the right wingers here are acting more and
more childish and shrill every day? Fritz used to the exclusive name
calling, childish, petty, offensive, shrill little **** of a man, but
the others here are joining his ranks quickly.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Time to get some help dude. You are close to falling over the edge.

[email protected] September 28th 05 10:31 PM

You really should read up on US and world History. Political
assassination has been around since there have been governments. Have
you ever read about the history of Rome?

Try reading about what Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, and other
great Americans went through in the press.

The tools have improved. The motivation has stayed the same.

*JimH* September 28th 05 10:32 PM

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
Well, I'll say he's guilty; he's another right-wing chickenhawk scumball
bushie that should have been brought up for his tactics long ago.

Capt. jeff

Did you read the indictment report Capt?

If so, what specifically in it helped you make that decision?

If not, how can you make that statement?

[email protected] September 28th 05 10:36 PM

Let's hope that the facts that come out during trial are enough to
convince a jury.

Given the low quality of what passes for thinking nowadays, it is
entirely possible that he'll walk.

OJ Simpson was found not guilty in his criminal trial. Delay has a
pretty good shot at getting off, unfortunately.

*JimH* September 28th 05 10:39 PM

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Let's hope that the facts that come out during trial are enough to
convince a jury.

Given the low quality of what passes for thinking nowadays, it is
entirely possible that he'll walk.

OJ Simpson was found not guilty in his criminal trial. Delay has a
pretty good shot at getting off, unfortunately.

What facts do you know about this indictment?

Bert Robbins September 28th 05 11:24 PM

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

As I understand it the statement Delay made that all of the fat was cut out
of the budget already was a shrewd attempt to get the Democrats to say yes
there is fat in the budget to cut. This would open the entire federal budget
to scrutiny.

PocoLoco September 29th 05 12:15 AM

On 28 Sep 2005 12:37:44 -0700, "Curtis CCR" wrote:

Bert Robbins wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message
[...]

The indictment:

http://news.findlaw.com/wp/docs/delay/delay92805ind.pdf

--
John H

Tamaroak September 29th 05 12:27 AM

Bill McKee September 29th 05 04:19 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you
are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get
an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

Found guilty of having enough power and money to walk free.

Idiot.

No, you are the idiot. He walked because of money and power.

Starbuck September 29th 05 05:24 AM

Heck, even Harry would admit that Kennedy walked because of his money and
power. If it was Joe 6Pick he would have been convicted of manslaughter.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
k.net...

wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
News Flash...

Jim Carter September 29th 05 10:51 AM

"Bill McKee" wrote in message news:K2J_e.6528
Jim

No, you are the idiot. He walked because of money and power.

Are you telling me that the United States of America has a corrupt court
system? Are you telling me that you believe that your court system can be
bought out by money or power? If this is your belief, then don't you
think that you and your fellow American Citizens should work towards
correcting your own county's court before trying to change other countries
systems?

Jim

Jim Carter September 29th 05 10:54 AM

"Starbuck" wrote in message
Heck, even Harry would admit that Kennedy walked because of his money and
power. If it was Joe 6Pick he would have been convicted of manslaughter.

Wow !! Another believer that the American Courts are corrupt! Gee,
don't you think that your government should try to correct their own systems
before trying to change how other governments courts are run?

Jim

Jim Carter September 29th 05 12:23 PM

"ed" wrote in message
Money does talk, example Michael Jackson, O.J. Simpson, both guilty, both
had $$ and both walked free.
Ed

Another person agrees that the USA's justice system is corrupt and can be
bought!
Jim

thunder September 29th 05 12:23 PM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:26:17 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

Plame was not covert the time and had not been covert for more than five
years.

I wouldn't limit myself to the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, it
may or may not apply, as I'm sure Fitzgerald isn't. Potential laws broken
include the Espionage Act, remember Morison?, perjury, obstruction of
justice, and conspiracy.

thunder September 29th 05 12:30 PM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:37:44 -0700, Curtis CCR wrote:

Agreed. I am still asking, "Indictments for what?"

Potentially the Espionage Act, perjury, obstruction of justice, and
conspiracy, that's just of the top of a non-lawyer's head. I'm sure a
prosecutor of Fitzgerald's caliber can think of a few more. This
investigation has been going on for close to two years, that doesn't
happen unless charges are expected. Oh, unless your name is Kenneth Starr.

[email protected] September 29th 05 12:35 PM

Well, I'll say he's guilty; he's another right-wing chickenhawk scumball
bushie that should have been brought up for his tactics long ago.

Capt. jeff

Thank YOU Jeff!

Now we return to our regularly schedualed programming.....

[email protected] September 29th 05 12:37 PM

10. Sep 28, 3:48 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: 28 Sep 2005 13:48:12 -0700
Subject: Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy
original | Report Abuse

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

Found guilty of having enough power and money to walk free.

Idiot.

Guzzi-boy.

*JimH* September 29th 05 12:39 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
10. Sep 28, 3:48 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: 28 Sep 2005 13:48:12 -0700
original | Report Abuse

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you
are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get
an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

Found guilty of having enough power and money to walk free.

Idiot.

Guzzi-boy.

Kevin?

[email protected] September 29th 05 01:15 PM

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
News Flash...

[email protected] September 29th 05 01:19 PM

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
"Jim Carter" wrote in message
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

I thought the US legal system was based upon the principle that you
are
innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Isn't their the thought that any prosecutor worth their pay could get
an
indictment of a ham sandwich?

This indictment will not stand the light of day.

That's odd. The right wingers here constantly find politicians
instantly guilty of crimes that haven't been given due process.

What was Ted Kennedy found guilty of in the death of Mary Jo?

Found guilty of having enough power and money to walk free.

Idiot.

No, you are the idiot. He walked because of money and power.

You dumb ****, he was CONVICTED of leaving the scene of an accident. If
he "walked because of money and power", I take it by that you think he
should have been convicted of murder, correct? IF the court system in
the U.S. is that corrupt, do you not think that it would be even easier
to do away with the leaving the scene of an accident charge???

ed September 29th 05 01:24 PM

You might want to rethink that statement, which is a lesser charge walking
away or murder? Money DOES Talk.
wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Bert Robbins wrote:
News Flash...

Jeff Rigby September 29th 05 01:47 PM

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Jim Carter wrote:
News Flash...

Delay has been charged with criminal conspiracy!!!!!!

Jim

What a delight.

Of course, the right-wing trash said he'd never be delighted. Now I am
sure they will say he will never be convicted.

Does that make me "right wing trash" if I also believe that he won't be
convicted. There was a loophole in the Texas law that Delay and co. took
advantage. IF it's a loophole it's not illegal just irregular to unethical.
That's politics, just as this charge is politics because Earl knows that he
can't get a conviction. Is that also unethical????

Jeff Rigby September 29th 05 02:09 PM

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
Well, I'll say he's guilty; he's another right-wing chickenhawk scumball
bushie that should have been brought up for his tactics long ago.

Capt. jeff

So what methods would you employ if you were in a state that was totally
owned by one party (democrat). Everything was stacked against you and even
people of the opposite party that thought like you were being persecuted by
the "machine". I've said this over and over, our government can not work if
one party holds the reigns of power too tightly.

Personally I think that the system is NOW working. While I won't enjoy
Delay being on the carpet I think that opposition is working as there is now
a two party system, at least at the state level.

thunder September 29th 05 02:27 PM

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:47:50 -0400, Jeff Rigby wrote:

Does that make me "right wing trash" if I also believe that he won't be
convicted. There was a loophole in the Texas law that Delay and co. took
advantage. IF it's a loophole it's not illegal just irregular to
unethical. That's politics, just as this charge is politics because Earl
knows that he can't get a conviction. Is that also unethical????

Consider it may only be Round 1. DeLay is also likely to be investigated
in regards to the Abramoff probe. That's Federal.