F330 GT

Default Fishing tackle on E-Bay

Picked up a brand-new Shimano 250-series Calcutta baitcasting reel on
E-Bay for about $50 under what even the discounters charge. It's one of
my favorite light-tackle baitcasters; bought one a few years ago and
I've gotten great service out of it in salt water.

There's quite a bit of new fishing gear for sale on E-Bay, and from the
auctions I've watched, you can save quite a bit if that interests you.
There are quite a few new Penn SS spinning reels for sale at good prices.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Harry,

Check out the Florida Sportsman home page and go to the auctions. Some real
good deals there also. I'd give you a link but I'm on my annual pilgrimage to
Long Island Sound. My friends Bilgeliner is currently down so we'll be taking
the ferry out to Fisher's Island today. Hopefully he'll have the boat running
by midweek and we can get in some boating and fishing time.

Barry

Harry Krause

bb wrote:
On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 21:22:16 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Picked up a brand-new Shimano 250-series Calcutta baitcasting reel on
E-Bay for about $50 under what even the discounters charge.

Good deals to be had for sure on Ebay, but one should know the market.

I'd been thinking of picking up another Shimano Baitrunner 3500B for a
while and saw a unused one on Ebay with no box or paperwork. West
Marine sells them for $99 every day. I put in a bid at $60 and
watched the price go to $85 plus shipping. The next week I bought the
same reel on sale for $75 and they threw in a spool of line for free.

bb

Absolutely. I'm only an occasional E-bay buyer, maybe 10 items in three
years, and I always make sure what I'm intending to buy there is at its
very lowest price.

Sometimes I'm amazed at what bidders push a price to on E-bay. What's
the point of paying anything close to retail on E-bay?

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Clams Canino

I bought my digital camera, cell phone, solar panel, and other electronic
goodies there. A little shopping will usually nail a low priced item. The
other thing Ebay is *great* for is finding that which is no longer
available. My mother dropped her 1950's vintage "Lady Sunbeam" shaver and
it shattered on the ceramic tile floor. So I promptly nailed this:

and had it shipped directly to her. Problem solved.

-W

new fishing boat Fred O. General 0 July 27th 03 07:25 AM
Fishing Report - Chesapeake Bay, 10 Jul JohnH General 0 July 11th 03 05:56 PM