Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ed

Default Alpha 1 Gen II Engine wont turn over

Hi All-

Before I decide to tear open the outdrive, I thought I would check to see if
there are any ideas as to the cause of my problem.

I was down on the coast this past weekend (in NC) for some great boating and
as usual when I return from the coast, I take the boat to a fresh water lake
to run all the sal****er out of the system. When I attempted to start the
engine it turned over maybe one or two revolutions and then a terrible
sounding 'clank' occurred and then it seems that the engine/outdrive was
seized. The boat ran flawlessly the entire weekend prior to the failure, so
I don't believe the engine itself is seized.

Does this sound like a broken U-joint or lower unit gear problem? The gear
shift lever seems to function normally.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Ed

more diesel power [email protected] Cruising 15 July 2nd 05 04:45 PM
Turn off engine or let it Idle? Larry D Gibbs General 10 May 15th 05 07:38 PM
Lots of questions :) GC General 7 September 16th 04 05:45 AM
Fuel transfer/polishing pump Doug Dotson Cruising 408 February 2nd 04 11:58 PM
Usage of motoroil Steven Shelikoff General 153 September 17th 03 12:55 PM