Default Wanna watch Rita?

wrote:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

*JimH*

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

What is so cool about that?

Don White

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

What is so cool about that?

If they ever had those conditions on Lake Erie, the 'Good Rev.' would be
hiding under his bed.
Doug Kanter

"Don White" wrote in message
*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

What is so cool about that?

If they ever had those conditions on Lake Erie, the 'Good Rev.' would be
hiding under his bed.

The weather was like that on the St Lawrence this past weekend, but we
fished anyway. Good thing, too, because there were too many smallmouth in
that river. I fixed it.

Bill McKee

"*JimH*" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

What is so cool about that?

Actually they were swells.

Bill McKee wrote:
"*JimH*" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

What is so cool about that?

Actually they were swells.

Actually they are listed as "wave height". Wrong yet again.

Bill McKee

wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
"*JimH*" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

What is so cool about that?

Actually they were swells.

Actually they are listed as "wave height". Wrong yet again.

They may be listed as wave height, but the underlying wave is a swell, and
the waves are considered wind waves on top of the swells.

Bill McKee wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

Bill McKee wrote:
"*JimH*" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

What is so cool about that?

Actually they were swells.

Actually they are listed as "wave height". Wrong yet again.

They may be listed as wave height, but the underlying wave is a swell, and
the waves are considered wind waves on top of the swells.

Thank you for making my point, that you were once again WRONG.

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

What is so cool about that?

Because some people are inquistive, and like to learn, and watch
weather phenomena. Do you NOT find it interesting, or are you just
trying to ruin yet another perfectly good thread. You're infatuation
with me just never ends.

*JimH*

wrote in message
ups.com...

*JimH* wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/WestGulf.shtml

These are the weather bouys. 42001 is right in the path and about 50
miles away (when I typed this note)
watch "Combined plot of Wind Speed, Gust, and Air Pressure" and see
the storm build. I bet it goes down in the few hours.

I watched Kartina come ashore on the east gulf bouys and saw them
start dropping offline.

Cool! At 1550 GMT, waves at 42001 were 32.5 feet, barometer falling
rapidly.

What is so cool about that?

Because some people are inquistive, and like to learn, and watch
weather phenomena. Do you NOT find it interesting, or are you just
trying to ruin yet another perfectly good thread.

Yes it is interesting. No it is not cool that the storm is intensifying.

You're infatuation
with me just never ends.

"You're"???? LOL!

Yes, your infatuation with me indeed never ends.