NOYB

Default Judge: School Pledge Is Unconstitutional

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

By DAVID KRAVETS, Associated Press Writer 10 minutes ago

A federal judge declared the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance in
public schools unconstitutional Wednesday in a case brought by the same
atheist whose previous battle against the words "under God" was rejected
by the U.S. Supreme Court on procedural grounds.

U.S. District Judge Lawrence Karlton

A liberal California judge. I really wish that the state of California
would either secede from the union...or crumble into the sea during the next
earthquake. They are completely out of touch with the rest of America.

This will now go to the liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals...where they'll
hurry it along to the Supreme Court in the hopes that it will be heard
before the court's vacancies are filled.

Jim Carter

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
......................snip............
Newdow's argument makes perfect sense. People in this country should be
"free from a coercive requirement to affirm God." Take out those two
words and the Pledge is fine.

I agree with you Harry. You're correct on this one!

Jim

Peter Aitken

"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

By DAVID KRAVETS, Associated Press Writer 10 minutes ago

A federal judge declared the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance in
public schools unconstitutional Wednesday in a case brought by the same
atheist whose previous battle against the words "under God" was rejected
by the U.S. Supreme Court on procedural grounds.

U.S. District Judge Lawrence Karlton

A liberal California judge. I really wish that the state of California
would either secede from the union...or crumble into the sea during the
next earthquake. They are completely out of touch with the rest of
America.

But not out of touch with the constitution which is quite clear on this
matter. It beyond me why religious folks - some of them anyway - are so
insecure in their beliefs that they have to have help from the government.
The gov't should be completely neutral when it comes to religion. Of course
some nitwits thnk that "freedon of religion" mean you can choose Baptist,
Methodist, or Presbeterian.

--
Peter Aitken

Jim Carter

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
But not out of touch with the constitution which is quite clear on this
matter. It beyond me why religious folks - some of them anyway - are so
insecure in their beliefs that they have to have help from the government.
The gov't should be completely neutral when it comes to religion. Of

course
some nitwits thnk that "freedon of religion" mean you can choose Baptist,
Methodist, or Presbeterian.
Peter Aitken

Excellent reply Peter. It shows that you are a man that can think for
himself.

Jim

P Fritz

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

The nitwits are the people that seem to believe the constitution somehow
reads "freedom from religion"
WRT anyone being "out of touch" with the constitution, it is those that
believe in the falsehood of a "wall of separation"

Curtis CCR

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

By DAVID KRAVETS, Associated Press Writer 10 minutes ago

A federal judge declared the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance in
public schools unconstitutional Wednesday in a case brought by the same
atheist whose previous battle against the words "under God" was rejected
by the U.S. Supreme Court on procedural grounds.

U.S. District Judge Lawrence Karlton

A liberal California judge. I really wish that the state of California
would either secede from the union...or crumble into the sea during the next
earthquake. They are completely out of touch with the rest of America.

I take exception to that - since I live here. And you cannot criticize
those that hope terrorist hit red states, if you are going to trun
around and wish biblical level disaster on a blue one.

California is not, overall, as liberal as most people think. The two
major population centers of L.A. and San Francisco are very liberal -
S.F. is off the chart on the left. But the rest of the state is pretty
mainstream. Most of the liberal in the state legislature have to admit
that they are more liberal than the population.

California's problem is a poorly run republican party. It takes Arnold
Schwartzenegger to get the republican vote out. There are initiatives
that never would have passed if the state was deeply left. Prop 22 -
the ban on gay marriage - is an example. Passed with over 60% of the
vote five years ago.

Prop 13 is still the still a holy grail for a majority in this state...
Many will talk up how terrible it was... But you put them behind the
curtain in the voting booth and they vote to keep it.

Californians, like people just about anywhere else, will vote to spend
a whole lot of other people's money. Tax the rich initiatives are easy
because "the rich" don't get more votes - so voters can easily pass
something if they think they aren't paying for it.

This will now go to the liberal 9th Circuit Court of Appeals...where they'll
hurry it along to the Supreme Court in the hopes that it will be heard
before the court's vacancies are filled.

Fat chance. This will take months to get past the 9th circus, then
months to be heard by the SCOTUS. Bush could put three people on the
supreme bench by the time they hear this case. The only thing that may
be hurried are temporary orders as to whether Elk Grove and other
district have to stop the pledge during the process.

Doug Kanter

"P Fritz" wrote in message

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

It means "freedom from YOUR religion", nitwit. How would you like it if the
pledge read "under Buddha", instead of "under god"?

Doug Kanter

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
ups.com...

California is not, overall, as liberal as most people think.

Curtis, you're wrong. Rush Limbaugh says CA is overwhelmingly liberal, and
that's that. NOYB says so, too. Reality is irrelevant.

NOYB

"Peter Aitken" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
link.net...

[...]

We're a nation founded in Judeo-Christian values, and most of our laws are
derived from such. There is no portion of the Constitution that uses the
phrase "Freedom of religion". The amendment says "Congress shall make no
law respecting an establishment of religion".

So how does one jump to the conclusion that the Pledge of Allegiance is a
case of Congress making a law respecting an establishment of religion?

NOYB wrote:

A liberal California judge. I really wish that the state of California
would either secede from the union...or crumble into the sea during the next
earthquake.

There's those nice, narrow minded Christian values for you. Kind of
reminds one of Eric Rudolph, huh?
You and your ilk are just the reason why some of us don't want your
religion crammed down our kids throats.

On the other hand, it's quite stupid for someone to lump every single
person in a state into a pile like that. Let's see, how about the
couple in Florida that was so cruel to their adopted children. Is every
one in Florida just exactly like that?