John Brown

Default Bayliner boats

Hello,
I am looking to purchase my first cruiser style boat. I am considering
something in the 24-27ft. range. My question has to do with the quality
of Bayliners compared to the other brands (SeaRays ect.) Also, given my
financial situation I am looking for a used model. Were there certain
years Bayliners were constructed better than others? Are there certain
models to avoid? I would like to boat to include shore power and still
be trailerable.
I will appreciate any help sorting through this.

Thanks
Sincerely
John

Starbuck's

Bayliner is a low cost, price point boat. It is acceptable for inland and
bay boating, but is not recommended for offshore boating on anything but
calm days.

Bayliner was at it's worse during the 80's, and started to improve on
quality in the mid to late 90's.

Have any used boat inspected by a marine surveyor prior to purchasing any
boat.

"John Brown" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello,
I am looking to purchase my first cruiser style boat. I am considering
something in the 24-27ft. range. My question has to do with the quality of
Bayliners compared to the other brands (SeaRays ect.) Also, given my
financial situation I am looking for a used model. Were there certain
years Bayliners were constructed better than others? Are there certain
models to avoid? I would like to boat to include shore power and still be
trailerable.
I will appreciate any help sorting through this.

Thanks
Sincerely
John

Butch Davis

Cruisers in the 24 to 27 foot range tend to be beamy and heavy. For that
reason they are otten quite difficult to trailer. IMO, they are dangerous
to trailer single handedly except for experienced trailer boaters. I had a
24 foot SeaRay cruiser (Sundancer) which I finally gave up as I approached
my 60th birthday. It was simply almost impossible to launch and retrieve
except under virtually ideal conditions. Ideal conditions to me were no
wind from either side, no wave action or wakes, and the tide being in.

Quality wise, IMO, SeaRay is a better quality boat than Bayliner. I'd
rather have a used SeaRay in excellent condition than a new Bayliner.
Having said that, the new Bayliners are nice boats which I wouldn't mind
owning. I would simply prefer a higher quality brand if my budget allowed,

If you are new to boating why not consider a used boat in the 18 - 22 foot
range to start with. Once you have some experience under your belt you can
always move up. A carefully chosen boat from the late nineties purchased
wisely would depreciate very little over the next two or three years, IMO.

Good luck.

Butch

"John Brown" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello,
I am looking to purchase my first cruiser style boat. I am considering
something in the 24-27ft. range. My question has to do with the quality
of Bayliners compared to the other brands (SeaRays ect.) Also, given my
financial situation I am looking for a used model. Were there certain
years Bayliners were constructed better than others? Are there certain
models to avoid? I would like to boat to include shore power and still be
trailerable.
I will appreciate any help sorting through this.

Thanks
Sincerely
John

JamesgangNC

Having assisted a few times in getting this size boat on a trailer I have to
say this is pretty good advice. Not to mention you need a monster tow
vehicle that will suck gas even when not towing.

link.net...