thunder

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:20:02 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

I haven't seen beaver or coyote or otter in my woods, but I have run
across bear tracks.

You mentioned that you have fox. An outdoorsman I know told me, you can
have fox or coyote, but not both. Apparently, coyote will kill foxes.
Bear are becoming quite common here and are a joy to see, but are a little
spooky to me. They have never shown any aggression to me, but neither do
they seem to fear me. I'm not used to that. I prefer wild animals,
especially large wild animals with big teeth, to fear me.
Don White

thunder wrote:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:20:02 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

I haven't seen beaver or coyote or otter in my woods, but I have run
across bear tracks.

You mentioned that you have fox. An outdoorsman I know told me, you can
have fox or coyote, but not both. Apparently, coyote will kill foxes.
Bear are becoming quite common here and are a joy to see, but are a little
spooky to me. They have never shown any aggression to me, but neither do
they seem to fear me. I'm not used to that. I prefer wild animals,
especially large wild animals with big teeth, to fear me.

Had a problem in this area with bears snacking on people's
garbage...especially in the green recycle bins. This usually happens in
the spring when they wakeup hungry.
Jim Carter

"thunder" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:20:02 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

I haven't seen beaver or coyote or otter in my woods, but I have run
across bear tracks.

You mentioned that you have fox. An outdoorsman I know told me, you can
have fox or coyote, but not both. Apparently, coyote will kill foxes.
Bear are becoming quite common here and are a joy to see, but are a little
spooky to me. They have never shown any aggression to me, but neither do
they seem to fear me. I'm not used to that. I prefer wild animals,
especially large wild animals with big teeth, to fear me.

At 5:30 P.M. on Sept. 6, my neighbor, Dr. Jacqueline Perry, was killed and
her husband severely injured by a black bear. The bear stalked and killed
her and then mauled her husband as he tried to rescue her. The bear
stalked and leaped upon Jackie as she was near their campfire. Bears can
become too familiar with people as they equate people with food. They are
large wild animals and should be left alone as they can kill you very
easily.

Jim

PocoLoco

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:15:39 GMT, Don White wrote:

PocoLoco wrote:

We should be allowed to use our 12 Gauges.

Ah..you 'mericans! Where would you be without your guns?

Same place. Don't they have guns in Canada any more?
--
John H

Bert Robbins

wrote:

PocoLoco wrote:

We should be allowed to use our 12 Gauges.

Ah..you 'mericans! Where would you be without your guns?

Same place. Don't they have guns in Canada any more?

Don, forgets that we ensured our right to keep and bear arms in our founding
documents.

An armed populace means a government in fear.

Don White

Jim Carter wrote:
"thunder" wrote in message

[...]

Did this happen in Ontario Jim?
Seems like every year we hear reports out of BC or Alberta about bear
attacks. A Nova Scotia girl was messed up pretty good out there.
Don White

PocoLoco wrote:

We should be allowed to use our 12 Gauges.

Ah..you 'mericans! Where would you be without your guns?

Same place. Don't they have guns in Canada any more?

Yes, but we are expected to use them responsibly!
Don White

Bert Robbins wrote:

Don, forgets that we ensured our right to keep and bear arms in our founding
documents.

An armed populace means a government in fear.

Maybe...but if your govt fears you, they may feel compelled to put in
place some drastic
measure to neutralize you.
thunder

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:41:14 -0400, Bert Robbins wrote:

Don, forgets that we ensured our right to keep and bear arms in our
founding documents.

An armed populace means a government in fear.

Really? That same document ensured our right to "due process of law", but
Bush threw that one out, e.g. Padillo. Or, is the Second Amendment the
only one you care about?

Eisboch

thunder wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:20:02 -0400, Harry Krause wrote:

I haven't seen beaver or coyote or otter in my woods, but I have run
across bear tracks.

You mentioned that you have fox. An outdoorsman I know told me, you can
have fox or coyote, but not both. Apparently, coyote will kill foxes.
Bear are becoming quite common here and are a joy to see, but are a little
spooky to me. They have never shown any aggression to me, but neither do
they seem to fear me. I'm not used to that. I prefer wild animals,
especially large wild animals with big teeth, to fear me.

I don't know about that. Mrs. E and I enjoy coffee in the morning sitting in
the garage with the doors open, watching the wild life making their way
across our property. In addition to regular visits by deer and rabbits, we
have seen a coyote from time to time as well as a little fox that visits
once or twice a week. The funniest sight is the wild turkeys. They fly,
but not very well. Landings are your basic controlled crash.

Eisboch

5 gallons Joe ASA 50 November 6th 04 12:21 PM
Anyone "Northeast" still boating? Jim and Becky General 11 December 27th 03 11:44 AM