NOYB

wrote in message
ups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Mule" wrote in message
oups.com...
Because the officials of the city of New Orleans and state of LA are so
corrupt the only thing they know is how to siphon off moneys that had
been given by the feds for fixing the levy system and instead use it on
things like a new mardi grass fountain!

Did you know that the city of New Orleans has a different committee for
each separate levy? Talk about government waste!

If and when that city is rebuilt, the people who move there will
hopefully
be more selective in their selection of elected officials.

Kind of like the Naples stadium debacle?

You mean Stadium Naples? That happened a year or two before I got here.
One of the current county commissioners lives 3 doors down from me, and he's
nothing like that POS Norris who was involved in Stadium Naples.

PocoLoco

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:42:30 -0400, "Starbucks"
wrote:

BK,
I wish you would post your link of the Moto Guzzi 'Desmo' data, you sure
could make JohnH look foolish when you do. ; )

wrote in message
oups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Mule" wrote in message
oups.com...
Because the officials of the city of New Orleans and state of LA are so
corrupt the only thing they know is how to siphon off moneys that had
been given by the feds for fixing the levy system and instead use it on
things like a new mardi grass fountain!

Did you know that the city of New Orleans has a different committee for
each separate levy? Talk about government waste!

If and when that city is rebuilt, the people who move there will
hopefully
be more selective in their selection of elected officials.

Kind of like the Naples stadium debacle?

You are so right! I'd have to be a man and apologize!

BTW, since bk will probably not stick his head up again, I'll post this job
description URL here. It is for Levee Board Personnel. Now, if only the Corps
had any authority the levees, one would wonder why a Levee Board existed
outside the Corps. No?

http://www.dscs.state.la.us/ClassPay...ecs/129370.HTM

[Extract: State of Louisiana
Department of Civil Service
H3 OA
6/3/86
129370
ORLEANS LEVEE BOARD OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR

FUNCTION OF WORK:
To assist in the planning, implementation and coordination of the comprehensive
program of maintenance operations on all sites and properties of the Orleans
Levee Board. (OLB) ]
--
John H

Starbucks

JohnH,
There is lots of blame to spread around to all governmental agencies. The
section of the levee that broke, was one of the few sections that had been
upgraded to the new standard, that was supposed to hold up to a direct hit
from a hurricane.

I would assume people will be asking why it failed.

wrote:

BK,
I wish you would post your link of the Moto Guzzi 'Desmo' data, you sure
could make JohnH look foolish when you do. ; )

wrote in message
roups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Mule" wrote in message
[...]

PocoLoco

wrote:

BK,
I wish you would post your link of the Moto Guzzi 'Desmo' data, you sure
could make JohnH look foolish when you do. ; )

wrote in message
roups.com...

NOYB wrote:
"Mule" wrote in message
[...]

PS: I wonder what the Director's job description was? If this guy just helped
him, then that board must be responsible for the planning, implementation, and
etc... the maintenance operations.

You don't suppose the lack of 'maintenance operations', for which this board was
responsible, had anything to do with the failure, do you?

--
John H

PocoLoco

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 01:09:08 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

http://www.rc4systems.net/albums/alb...es_excuses.jpg

http://tinypic.com/ddc2df

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=107957

Are you selling the t-shirts? If not, do you know who is?
--
John H

*JimH*

"Starbucks" wrote in message
news
JohnH,
There is lots of blame to spread around to all governmental agencies. The
section of the levee that broke, was one of the few sections that had been
upgraded to the new standard, that was supposed to hold up to a direct hit
from a hurricane.

I would assume people will be asking why it failed.

It was engineered and built with the best known data at the time. However,
the build had never been tested in real life. Now it has and has shown to
be inadequate.

Back to the drawing boards.

This failure, however, will help in future designs.

Starbucks

Thunder,
Is New Orleans considered a wetland?

"thunder" wrote in message
On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:37:44 -0400, PocoLoco wrote:

The Corps is not responsible for all levees.

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0905/090105jv1.htm

If the levees are involving wetlands, they are.

http://ceres.ca.gov/wetlands/agencies/army_corps.html

PocoLoco

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:50:10 -0400, thunder wrote:

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 14:37:44 -0400, PocoLoco wrote:

The Corps is not responsible for all levees.

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0905/090105jv1.htm

If the levees are involving wetlands, they are.

http://ceres.ca.gov/wetlands/agencies/army_corps.html

What do you reckon the Orleans Levee Control Board does? Is Lake Ponchatrain
considered a wetland? Is the Mississippi River?
--
John H

thunder

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:58:45 -0400, PocoLoco wrote:

What do you reckon the Orleans Levee Control Board does? Is Lake
Ponchatrain considered a wetland? Is the Mississippi River?

"The Army Corps' regulatory authority is contained within §404 of the
CWA. Army Corps jurisdiction is over "waters of the United States" which
is defined at 33 Code of Federal Regulations 328.3 as (1) all navigable
waters and their tributaries; (2) all interstate waters and their
tributaries; (3) all other waters, the use, degradation, or destruction of
which could affect interstate commerce; (4) all water impoundments; (5)
territorial seas; and (6) wetland adjacent to waters identified above."

OT Kerry's secret plan Bart Senior ASA 1 August 3rd 04 08:13 AM
Dolphin/Wahoo Management Plan Approved for Atlantic Capt. Dave General 0 January 10th 04 03:37 AM
viking ship plans ripoff Boris Beizer Boat Building 4 January 1st 04 07:51 PM