they sent some guys who couldnt do anything coz of violence and they
sent some other stuff and I belive CG vessels ..

Although its good to help people in need, one has to wonder how much
money the richest country in the world requires to keep their people
from starving?

Matt

Doug Kanter

It's especially interesting when the Canadians send money, considering that
we've occasionally tried to rewrite their laws for them, on illegal drugs,
for instance.

wrote in message
ups.com...
they sent some guys who couldnt do anything coz of violence and they
sent some other stuff and I belive CG vessels ..

Although its good to help people in need, one has to wonder how much
money the richest country in the world requires to keep their people
from starving?

Matt

*JimH* wrote:
..................where are you on donations to the Katrina victims?

Maybe I missed the news but so far I have not ready about any donations from
your Country.

Even Sri Lanka contributed cash to the need of the Katrina victims.

What a dumb ****.

Jim Carter

"Stanley Barthfarkle" wrote in message
. ..
If that is indeed the figure, then my hat is off to the Canadian people. I
must say, the response from other countries has been much more than I

would
have imagined. May this be the start of a renaissance in the way we
Americans view ourselves and our place in the world.

Another very interesting donation by a Canadian was announced last night.

Frank Stronach, a Canadian Industrialist has donated $25 million in CASH to
the disaster relief fund. He is also going to build a 300 unit trailer
park for the homeless. He has taken into his compound in Palm Beach 200 of
the homeless people from New Orleans. PALM BEACH!!!!!! WOW.......
That's some luxury...... This is one generous Canadian.

In my home town, a very small one at that, there was $42,000.00 collected
from the private citizens for the relief effort for the homeless of New
Orleans.

Now will "some" of you Americans stop bad mouthing us here in Canada,
please! ( an apology would be nice. You know who you are! )

Jim

PocoLoco

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 07:48:31 -0400, "Jim Carter" wrote:

[...]

I apologize for any bad-mouthing of Canada that I've ever done in my whole life,
mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!
--
John H

ed

What about the help that Cuba offered and we snub our noses at them and
didnt have the respect to even decline there help ? Here is a country that
we dont like and doesnt like us,but they took the first step to offer help.
I dont care for cuba,but I feel we should of atleast decline the offer
instead of ignoring it. Just my opinion

Ed
"*JimH*" wrote in message

"PocoLoco" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 20:34:45 -0400, "*JimH*" wrote:

..................where are you on donations to the Katrina victims?

Maybe I missed the news but so far I have not ready about any donations
from
your Country.

Even Sri Lanka contributed cash to the need of the Katrina victims.

Canada's offers were made public about a day after the incident. Don't
remember
exactly, but they included a bunch of special mission C-130s.
--
John H

I obviously missed that....and if what you say is correct, I apologize.\

So what financial commitments were made by the Canadian government?

Jim Carter

"ed" wrote in message
What about the help that Cuba offered and we snub our noses at them and
didnt have the respect to even decline there help ? Here is a country

that
we dont like and doesnt like us,but they took the first step to offer

help.
I dont care for cuba,but I feel we should of atleast decline the offer
instead of ignoring it. Just my opinion

Just to let you know what Sr. Castro was going to do for the unfortunate
people of New Orleans and the surrounding areas. He put together 1,100 of
his Island Nation's doctors AT THE HAVANA AIRPORT, and had the aircraft
ready to send them to New Orleans. This was not just a token gesture.
He had the doctors packed and ready to go along with 65 tons of medicines
and medical supplies. Fidel has done this for many countries of South
and Central America in the past. It was a fine and generous act on behalf
of the people of Cuba. His kindness was ignored by President Bush.

Jim

thunder

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 06:07:54 -0700, ed wrote:

What about the help that Cuba offered and we snub our noses at them and
didnt have the respect to even decline there help ? Here is a country
that we dont like and doesnt like us,but they took the first step to offer
help. I dont care for cuba,but I feel we should of atleast decline the
offer instead of ignoring it. Just my opinion

Don't forget Chavez's offer of cheap oil. ;-)
thunder

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:21:44 -0400, Jim Carter wrote:

Just to let you know what Sr. Castro was going to do for the unfortunate
people of New Orleans and the surrounding areas. He put together 1,100 of
his Island Nation's doctors AT THE HAVANA AIRPORT, and had the aircraft
ready to send them to New Orleans. This was not just a token gesture.
He had the doctors packed and ready to go along with 65 tons of medicines
and medical supplies. Fidel has done this for many countries of South
and Central America in the past. It was a fine and generous act on
behalf of the people of Cuba. His kindness was ignored by President
Bush.

For some people, politics are more important than lives.

Canada's health care crisis Scott Weiser General 663 December 31st 10 01:32 PM
HAM and SSB Frequencies Bill Cruising 5 August 18th 05 07:58 PM
Marijuana industry booming in Canada Bob Crantz ASA 77 March 17th 05 05:17 PM
Oh Canada! Bob Crantz ASA 0 July 17th 04 03:32 PM