Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DSK

Default Labor Day Fuel Prices and Rationing

Gene Kearns wrote:
I just bought some gasoline for my school. Originally, we had settled
on a figure for 87 Octane, but I eventually bought 93 Octane, since
the allocation of 87 was used up and it was no longer available.

Yep. Gasoline rationing is now going on at the fuel farm to
distributor level ....
Two to three (or more) pipeline's pumping stations have been flooded
and it is impossible to "ship" gas to the fuel farms. This may last
for weeks.

This could have a bigger effect on people's gas consumption than
anything yet. For example, my wife & I are considering *not* going down
to the boat this weekend (a 3 hour drive) due to uncertainy about gas.
We can get there & back on a tank, but then we have to go to work the
next day (and the nexty day, etc etc).

I bet this will have a big impact on people's boat use... seemed to me
that most made light of fuel expense in an earlier thread on the subject.

Thanks for the info, Gene!

Fair Skies
Doug King