NOYB

Default OT--Bin Laden found! CIA agents have ID'd house.

http://tinyurl.com/cbwt6

NOYB

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/cbwt6

Not bad. You win a shirt:

http://tinyurl.com/b68yw

;-)

BTW:
I found the fishing deal of the century last night. K-Mart is blowing out
some high-end fishing equipment.

Here's what I bought:

Penn Slammer 360 for $68 (retail: $115.99)

Penn Senator R-112H (3/0) for $48.24 (retail: $89.95)

Ugly Stick Custom 1170H spinning rod (bought two of them) for $32 (retail:
79.99)

Ugly Stick Custom 1170MH conventional rod for $32 (retail 79.99)

Here's what my brother bought:

Shimano TLD-20 lever drag for $101.83 (retail $151.99)

Penn Senator R114 (6/0) for $80.40 (retail $126.95)

Penn 9500SS for $85.76 (retail $149.99)

They have an Penn International 20T for $230.48. I have two lever drag
two-speed 20 lb. class Penn Formula 10KG's so I didn't need it. But retail
on that reel is $389.88!!! I'm thinking about buying it to list on e-bay.
Most of them on E-bay are going for $315+ for used reels.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/cbwt6

Not bad. You win a shirt:

http://tinyurl.com/b68yw

;-)

[...]

Not bad for a Blue Light shopper like you.

I was sent out to buy Pampers...60 count, size 5. I also needed spark
plugs, and figured I might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone. Nope.
K-Mart's automotive department sucks unless you need fuzzy dice, playboy
bunny air fresheners, and plastic hub caps.

That will teach my wife to send me on an errand again. ;-)

I've been meaning to buy a Slammer for some time now, but couldn't get
myself to spend $115+ for one. West Marine has the Slammer 360 for their
everyday price of $149.

Which one do you have? The 460?

I plan on buying two 560's for those Ugly Stik Customs that I bought. I
guess I'll just have to keep going on diaper runs to see if they put any
clearance-priced 560's out there.

Don White

NOYB wrote:

I plan on buying two 560's for those Ugly Stik Customs that I bought. I
guess I'll just have to keep going on diaper runs to see if they put any
clearance-priced 560's out there.

I believe they are called 'Depends' for your size!
NOYB

"Don White" wrote in message
NOYB wrote:

I plan on buying two 560's for those Ugly Stik Customs that I bought. I
guess I'll just have to keep going on diaper runs to see if they put any
clearance-priced 560's out there.

I believe they are called 'Depends' for your size!

Really? What's my size?

NOYB

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:27:43 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

[...]

Woo! I'm gonna check that, myself. Problem is.... up to now, I've
never found any high end items at any box store in NC.....

...still, its worth a try....

Here's the downside:
It took me 15 minutes to get someone to open the display case so I could see
the reel. The guy they sent over barely spoke any English. I told him I
wanted to buy it, and it took him another 15 minutes for him to find
somebody who knew how to ring it up at the clearance price.

I guess that's why they had to sell the reels at a "clearance" price.
Nobody would go through that crap to pay full retail.

Wal-Mart did the same thing several years ago. I got a Penn 7500SS for $75
and a Fin-Nor rod for $25. Since then, Wal-Mart carries some of the smaller
Penn Spinfishers at full retail, and a couple of the smaller Senators...but
none of the really good stuff...and none of it discounted very much

I guess they figured that carrying the really high-end stuff and charging
full retail for it doesn't fly in a "Mart-type" atmosphere.

Good luck with your search.

NOYB

NOYB wrote:
[...]

The K-Marts up here are pretty light on inventory of any sort. The last
time I was in one was to pick up some bags of mulch on sale. I won't go
into a K-Mart, but their sales flyers here sure don't indicate any Penn
stuff in the "SS" category.

I buy most of my "disposable" fishing gear, such as line, hooks, rigs, et
cetera, locally, and the occasional reel or rod via the internet, though
the big Bass Pro store up near Bal'mer is very appealing.

We used to have a Galyans store in Fairfax, Virginia, and it was just a
fabulous source of fishing/hunting gear. But it was bought out by a
third-rate chain and went downhill right afterwards.

In my immediate area, we have some pretty good bait and tackle stores, but
no discounters, per se.

When you have kids, you end up in the Mart-type stores alot for all sorts of
kiddie supplies. Every time I visit one, I check out the fishing section
just to see if there's a gem in hiding in the rough. Sure enough, this trip
paid off big.

One of the best tackle stores down here is Ace Hardware. They have an
amazing fishing department, and the guys they hire to work it are all
fishing guides in this area. The only problem is that they're very proud of
their equipment. They have a case of Van Staal's and Accurates that are
upwards of a $1000.

Siphons, anti-siphons & wet exhausts JAXAshby ASA 57 June 19th 04 08:25 PM
Who is the liar now! Clonton/Gore/Bobsprit Capetanios Oz Twin ASA 6 November 16th 03 09:05 AM
GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Ot --the White House helped the bin Laden family flee the U.S post9/11 Jim General 0 September 4th 03 09:59 PM
OT - Where is the lie? (especially for jcs) jps General 33 July 28th 03 12:56 AM