*JimH*

Default Lady dies from flesh eating bacteria in the St. Johns River

Sad story.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines
Associated Press
Posted August 19 2005, 3:52 PM EDT

JACKSONVILLE -- A 45-year-old Jacksonville woman has died from
flesh-eating bacteria that she contracted while riding a personal watercraft
on the St. Johns River, officials said.

Candace Scott died Aug. 3, Duval County health officials said.

One to three cases of flesh-eating bacteria are typically reported in
the county each year, but deaths are rare, said Tim Lawther, director of
chronic disease and prevention for the county's health department.

The bacteria that caused Scott's fatal infection typically enters the
body through an open wound and absorbs into the bloodstream, Lawther said.

Scott's brother, Bill, said she had cut her leg the day she was at the
river.

The bacteria, vibrio vulnificus, triggered an infection known as
necrotizing fasciitis, which destroys muscles, fat, and skin tissue. The
bacteria is similiar to one the public is warned about when eating raw or
undercooked shellfish, health officials said.

Give me freshwater boating and fishing any day!

Don White

*JimH* wrote:
========

Give me freshwater boating and fishing any day!

Why? You probably wouldn't use it!
John H.

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:17:09 GMT, Don White wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
========

Give me freshwater boating and fishing any day!

Why? You probably wouldn't use it!

You after Harry's title, Don. That was kind of ridiculous.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
*JimH*

wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
========

Give me freshwater boating and fishing any day!

Why? You probably wouldn't use it!

You after Harry's title, Don. That was kind of ridiculous.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

Don't be surprised John.....Donny is just being Donny. And he is our
'Donny'. ;-)

P. Fritz

wrote:

*JimH* wrote:
========

Give me freshwater boating and fishing any day!

Why? You probably wouldn't use it!

You after Harry's title, Don. That was kind of ridiculous.

"Kind of"? That is an understatement!!!!!

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD

Don White

*JimH* wrote:
========

Give me freshwater boating and fishing any day!

Why? You probably wouldn't use it!

You after Harry's title, Don. That was kind of ridiculous.

Why? It was just a play on JimH being boatless.
Have you traded that yellow Mustang for a 'Smart car' yet?
Don White

*JimH* wrote:

Don't be surprised John.....Donny is just being Donny. And he is our
'Donny'. ;-)

No, I'm not! Not in your wildest dreams!
John H.

*JimH* wrote:
========

Give me freshwater boating and fishing any day!

Why? You probably wouldn't use it!

You after Harry's title, Don. That was kind of ridiculous.

Why? It was just a play on JimH being boatless.
Have you traded that yellow Mustang for a 'Smart car' yet?

Luckily, I'm intelligent enough not to need a smart car. Your 'play' seemed much
like that of Harry. I suppose you'll follow whom you will.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
John H.

*JimH* wrote:
========

Give me freshwater boating and fishing any day!

Why? You probably wouldn't use it!

You after Harry's title, Don. That was kind of ridiculous.

Why? It was just a play on JimH being boatless.
Have you traded that yellow Mustang for a 'Smart car' yet?

Luckily, I'm intelligent enough not to need a smart car. Your 'play' seemed much
like that of Harry. I suppose you'll follow whom you will.

PS. Next time you talk to him, ask him how the weather in Lusby is.

--
John H.
On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD
Don White

John H. wrote:

PS. Next time you talk to him, ask him how the weather in Lusby is.

Why...is that where you live?