Richa

Default Pumpout initiative in the Great South Bay of Long Island, NY, USA

The South Bay Cruising Club (SBCC) has started an initiative to improve the
availability of pumpout (a.k.a. pump-out) boats and pumpout facilities in the
Great South Bay of Long Island, New York, USA.

For those of you who may not be aware, the Great South Bay is the body of water
bounded by the mainland of Long Island on the north, with the southern boundary
marked by the barrier beaches of Long Beach, Jones Beach, and Fire Island. This
body of water starts about 17 miles east of the Statue of Liberty (near
Manhattan's southern tip) and continues east for about 46 miles, with a maximum
width of about 6 miles. There are wonderful boating destinations and resources
to be found here.

The South Bay Cruising Club is a not-for-profit organization that is recognized
with recriprocal privileges by the Yacht Clubs of America. We currently have
about 250 families in our membership and we are a very active club, with
multiple weekly sailboat races and weekly rendezvous during the boating season.

Please take a few minutes to read our pumpout findings paper on our web site
(you'll probably be surprised at the results of our findings). If you agree
with our position, please sign our petition and send us a letter of support from
your organization.

This is not a request for money. We are only asking for your support of this
important initiative to help improve the water quality of the Great South Bay
for ourselves and for the future generations to come.

Here is the address of our web site, with the pumpout findings:

http://www.sbccsail.org/Pumpout.htm

***thanks***
Rich

KevinDCHP

Been out in that area, most CROWDED boating area I've ever been to, the
south shore of Long Island. Try it on the weekend. Dammed dangerous

Way too many boats in that area. Almost too funny!