Doug Kanter

Default Waterproof Trailer Lights

Sorry about posting a topic related to boats, but I seem to recall a
discussion last summer wherein some of you regulars (or "regliars", as GWB
would say) had recently installed waterproof and/or LED trailer lights. I'm
interested in status reports on those lights, especially if they were
purchased from West Marine or BoatUS. I'm finally fed up with removing the
corrosion from the bulb contacts with a Dremel every damned spring.

Greg

I gave up on trailer lights many years ago. I have mine on a PT 1x4 that I
bungee to the transom of the boat after I get it loaded. I can then store them
in the garage when I am not towing. If I am just moving the trailer I bungee it
to the frame.The wire to the connector is SJTW hard service cord, not that
silly zip lead. I don't have problems anymore.

Greg

but it means I'd have to stash a light bar somewhere safe
when the trailer's parked

Make it ugly enough that nobody would steal it. ;-)
I suppose you could "bike lock" it to the trailer if theft is really that big a
problem.
CCred68046

I bought a set of the SeaSense brand LED's from Walmart for under $50...
EXCELLENT. Everything in the hardware kit is stainless steel as well as the
light mounting posts, nuts and washers. They also come with 3M heat
shrinkable connectors. They are warranted for 10 years. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Sorry about posting a topic related to boats, but I seem to recall a
discussion last summer wherein some of you regulars (or "regliars", as GWB
would say) had recently installed waterproof and/or LED trailer lights.

I'm
interested in status reports on those lights, especially if they were
purchased from West Marine or BoatUS. I'm finally fed up with removing the
corrosion from the bulb contacts with a Dremel every damned spring.

Calif Bill

[...]

I bought the LED trailer light kit from bass pro shops. $36 + shipping.
Been there a year and still working great. I launch in both salt and fresh
water. I think I got the LED clearance lights from Wal-mart.
Bill

NOYB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Sorry about posting a topic related to boats, but I seem to recall a
discussion last summer wherein some of you regulars (or "regliars", as GWB
would say) had recently installed waterproof and/or LED trailer lights.

I'm
interested in status reports on those lights, especially if they were
purchased from West Marine or BoatUS. I'm finally fed up with removing the
corrosion from the bulb contacts with a Dremel every damned spring.

I've had my LED's over a year now. I've probably dunked that trailer in the
salt close to 100 times, and they haven't quit yet. After each use, I high
pressure wash the boat and trailer at the car wash for about 5-10 minutes.

I think I got mine from Boater's World for around $50-60. Go buy 'em.
It'll be one less thing you have to worry about taking care of on your
trailer/boat.

Marshall Banana

Also Sprach Doug Kanter :
Sorry about posting a topic related to boats, but I seem to recall a
discussion last summer wherein some of you regulars (or "regliars", as GWB
would say) had recently installed waterproof and/or LED trailer lights. I'm
interested in status reports on those lights, especially if they were
purchased from West Marine or BoatUS. I'm finally fed up with removing the
corrosion from the bulb contacts with a Dremel every damned spring.

I bought a set of LED trailer lights from a guy on Ebay for $28. He
didn't mention the brand in the auction, but they turned out to be made by
SeaSense. I'm happy with them so far, but I've only had them for a month
or so. The seller's ID is "stuff4boats"

Dan

--
My own personal theory is that God is like I am when I'm playing Civ
II...sure, it really helps my score when I have peaceful civilizations,

-- Jacob Sherwood - {God is bored.}

Boat fell off trailer bb General 31 January 27th 04 09:22 PM
Trailer Brakes: Electric vs Hydraulic-Surge Gary Warner General 25 October 2nd 03 02:22 AM
Correct Trailer set up for towing my speedboat. Chester General 3 July 28th 03 12:55 PM
Trailer light = submersible? Tuuk General 2 June 26th 03 10:42 PM