Default Fuel Capacity of 1985 Bayliner OB?

Hi,

The hull is a 19 1/2 Ft. Bayliner Cuddy. Model year is 1986. It has a 125 HP
Force outboard. I'm trying to find the fuel tank capacity on the model.
The gauge isn't linear so it's a bit difficult to determine.

Does anyone know the fuel capacity of the internal tank on this one?

I'm guessing it's likely to be either 15 or 18 gallons.

thanks,

barry

Stanley Barthfarkle

My 85 Capri 1952 cuddy I/O has a 28 gallon tank. I'd venture to guess that
yours does as well, though I know the configuration is a little different
with the outboard model.

PS-The fuel guage lies...

wrote in message
roups.com...

Hi,

The hull is a 19 1/2 Ft. Bayliner Cuddy. Model year is 1986. It has a
125 HP
Force outboard. I'm trying to find the fuel tank capacity on the model.
The gauge isn't linear so it's a bit difficult to determine.

Does anyone know the fuel capacity of the internal tank on this one?

I'm guessing it's likely to be either 15 or 18 gallons.

thanks,

barry

Mr Wizzard

wrote in message
roups.com...

Hi,

The hull is a 19 1/2 Ft. Bayliner Cuddy. Model year is 1986. It has a

125 HP
Force outboard. I'm trying to find the fuel tank capacity on the model.
The gauge isn't linear so it's a bit difficult to determine.

Does anyone know the fuel capacity of the internal tank on this one?

If its anything like the 1989-1990ish models, its an
aluminum tank, and there is a metal tag rivited to it
that has the capacity. The 1990 Bayliner Capri is
stamped as 30 Galons, and I'd think that 15-18 is
a little low fow a 195 of that vintage. Look for the tag.

I'm guessing it's likely to be either 15 or 18 gallons.

thanks,

barry

Mr Wizzard

"Stanley Barthfarkle" wrote in message
news
My 85 Capri 1952 cuddy

"Capri cuddy"? I thought these two terms were
mutually exclusive - Capri being the bow rider, and
the cuddy, well, a "cuddy cabin". Did they change ?

Stanley Barthfarkle

http://www.boatworldri.com/bayliner/...models2002.htm

Mr Wizzard wrote:

: wrote in message
:
: Does anyone know the fuel capacity of the internal tank on this one?
:

: If its anything like the 1989-1990ish models, its an
: aluminum tank, and there is a metal tag rivited to it
: that has the capacity. The 1990 Bayliner Capri is
: stamped as 30 Galons, and I'd think that 15-18 is
: a little low fow a 195 of that vintage. Look for the tag.

Thanks. I'll look for the tag (it isn't my boat... GFriend's)

The gauge is rather weird on it. At full level, it reads 3/4 full. The guy
she bought it from says "when it reads 1/4 tank, ya'd better find gas
quickly". I'm beginning to think a dipstick may work better if
I can get a straight shot in the tank.

b.
Mr Wizzard

wrote in message
oups.com...
Mr Wizzard wrote:

: wrote in message
:
: Does anyone know the fuel capacity of the internal tank on this one?
:

: If its anything like the 1989-1990ish models, its an
: aluminum tank, and there is a metal tag rivited to it
: that has the capacity. The 1990 Bayliner Capri is
: stamped as 30 Galons, and I'd think that 15-18 is
: a little low fow a 195 of that vintage. Look for the tag.

Thanks. I'll look for the tag (it isn't my boat... GFriend's)

The gauge is rather weird on it. At full level, it reads 3/4 full. The

guy
she bought it from says "when it reads 1/4 tank, ya'd better find gas
quickly". I'm beginning to think a dipstick may work better if
I can get a straight shot in the tank.

Or just replace the gague. Better yet, just dive in, remove
the spanner nut on the top of the tank, and pull out the float
assemblely and play with it while watching the gague. Not hard.

b.

Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Boat Building 7 February 19th 04 08:00 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Marketplace 0 February 19th 04 04:48 PM
fuel delivery problem on outboard? help Russell Hermansen General 9 October 7th 03 01:40 AM