Ethan

Default installing a water seperating fuel

I am about to install a yamaha standard water seperating fuel filter. The
assembly portion of the filter is set up for two motors, I have a single
motor. On each side of the assembly is an "in" and "out" arrow. Can I
install my in and out hoses on one side of the assembly, or should the in go
on one side and the out on the opposite side? I have attempted to include a
link that shows the assembly.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessor...&pg=1&pid=2299

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/otb/fuel01.html (it is the third
item down on this link)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ethan

IBNFSHN

You should have got a set of brass plugs to put in the holes you don't need.
At least every one I've installed came with them.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"Ethan" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I am about to install a yamaha standard water seperating fuel filter. The
assembly portion of the filter is set up for two motors, I have a single
motor. On each side of the assembly is an "in" and "out" arrow. Can I
install my in and out hoses on one side of the assembly, or should the in

go
on one side and the out on the opposite side? I have attempted to include

link that shows the assembly.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessor...&pg=1&pid=2299

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/otb/fuel01.html (it is the third
item down on this link)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ethan

Jim Kelly

The "ins" are a common passage and the "outs" are a common passage. Therefore, you can use either in with either out. The duplicate ports
are not for a second motor but are there to facilitate plumbing for different applications. With twin engines, you use two filter/separators,
one for each engine.

Ethan wrote:

I am about to install a yamaha standard water seperating fuel filter. The
assembly portion of the filter is set up for two motors, I have a single
motor. On each side of the assembly is an "in" and "out" arrow. Can I
install my in and out hoses on one side of the assembly, or should the in go
on one side and the out on the opposite side? I have attempted to include a
link that shows the assembly.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessor...&pg=1&pid=2299

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/otb/fuel01.html (it is the third
item down on this link)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ethan

Bowgus

Hmmm ... as far as I know, connect either of the "ins" to the line from the
tank, connect either of the "outs" to the line to the motor, and use the
plugs to block the unused ins and outs. The dual ins and outs is just to
accomodate best route for the lines, not to accomodate twin engines and twin
tanks. I suppose you could verify that by blocking alternate outs with your
finger and blowing into an in ... "the answer my friend, is blowin in the
in, the answer is blowin in the in ... " :-)

hlink.net...

"IBNFSHN" wrote in message
You should have got a set of brass plugs to put in the holes you don't

need.
At least every one I've installed came with them.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"Ethan" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I am about to install a yamaha standard water seperating fuel filter.

The
assembly portion of the filter is set up for two motors, I have a

single
motor. On each side of the assembly is an "in" and "out" arrow. Can I
install my in and out hoses on one side of the assembly, or should the

in
go
on one side and the out on the opposite side? I have attempted to

include
link that shows the assembly.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessor...d=8&cid=40&mid
=379&conid=5&connavid=1336&sconnavid=8639&yr=All&p g=1&pid=2299