Bryan

Default OT - Sangria Recipe

I'll call it off topic even though I'll be drinking it on my boat.

I want to include Sangria on my next trip to Catalina Island.

Anyone have a favorite Sangria recipe they want to share?

TIA

Daniel-San

Anyone have a favorite Sangria recipe they want to share?

TIA

Large container (half gallon or so)

1 750 cheap red wine (three buck Chuck works well)
1/2 quart OJ
1/2 quart pineapple juice
6 ounces white rum (more or less to taste. 6 ounces gives a little zing. use
more if you're really drinking)
2 or 3 ounces triple sec

Dice an apple, a lime, a lemon, and an orange. Add to the mix.

Stir well. Pour over ice.

Enjoy

Take a couple ibuprofen before bed.....

Dan

Bryan

"Daniel-San" wrote in message

Anyone have a favorite Sangria recipe they want to share?

TIA

Large container (half gallon or so)

1 750 cheap red wine (three buck Chuck works well)
1/2 quart OJ
1/2 quart pineapple juice
6 ounces white rum (more or less to taste. 6 ounces gives a little zing.
use more if you're really drinking)
2 or 3 ounces triple sec

Dice an apple, a lime, a lemon, and an orange. Add to the mix.

Stir well. Pour over ice.

Enjoy

Take a couple ibuprofen before bed.....

Dan

Daniel-San,
That sounds perfect!
I'll toast to you when I"m sitting on the deck drinking Sangria while the
sun goes down.
Thank you,
Bryan

Doug Kanter

"Bryan" wrote in message
I'll call it off topic even though I'll be drinking it on my boat.

I want to include Sangria on my next trip to Catalina Island.

Anyone have a favorite Sangria recipe they want to share?

TIA

Last weekend, NPR ran a story about some restaurant in Delaware, in which
they interviewed the chef who presented details of a sangria that sounded
really interesting. Head over to www.npr.org and search for "sangria", maybe
adding "delaware" as a keyword. You should be able to find it. Not sure if
they'll have the written recipe, or if you'll have to listen to a brief
audio clip of the radio story. Either way......

Bryan

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Bryan" wrote in message
I'll call it off topic even though I'll be drinking it on my boat.

I want to include Sangria on my next trip to Catalina Island.

Anyone have a favorite Sangria recipe they want to share?

TIA

Last weekend, NPR ran a story about some restaurant in Delaware, in which
they interviewed the chef who presented details of a sangria that sounded
really interesting. Head over to www.npr.org and search for "sangria",
maybe adding "delaware" as a keyword. You should be able to find it. Not
sure if they'll have the written recipe, or if you'll have to listen to a
brief audio clip of the radio story. Either way......

Found it! It was easy pickin's. I followed your link, www.npr.org,
selected Arts&Culture, typed in Delaware for a search, and voila, a couple
of pitcher drink recipes. And they look pretty good.

Thanks.

Chuck Tribolet

It as as easy as 1-2-3:

Prechill all ingredents. Let the OJ thaw overnight in the fridge.

One can OJ concentrate.
Two cans water (would normally use 3 cans to make OJ)
Three cans red wine (I use Almaden Burgandy)
A half can brandy (a whole can if nobody's driving)
Stir very well, then add:
A can of Sprite
and stir gently so as to not knock the fizz out.

For ice in the jug, freeze water in ziplocks so it doesn't dilute the
Sangria.

Miss Mo'Lissa cooks bell ASA 3 February 2nd 05 11:58 AM
New Soup Recipe Bob Crantz ASA 0 August 3rd 04 02:54 AM
So...here's the recipe for banana bread... 925/ 207-9350 ZBOXMAN ROGER THE BOX MAN FREE PC RE Cruising 0 February 2nd 04 08:21 PM
The manly art of cooking Harry Krause General 3 January 26th 04 12:38 PM