goldspoon

Default hydraulic steering

Had hydraulic steering added last week to my Skeeter fish and ski with
a 150 Yamaha. Before I'm underway it works well. After I'm on plane,
it feels great turning to stbd and about the same as before hydraulic
steering to the port, very stiff. Before I go back to the dealer,
would love some opinions on if this is normal. Thanks.

Shortwave Sportfishing

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:36:13 -0400, "Woodchuck"
wrote:

I hope they installed Sea Star Pro unit.

"goldspoon" wrote in message
roups.com...
Had hydraulic steering added last week to my Skeeter fish and ski with
a 150 Yamaha. Before I'm underway it works well. After I'm on plane,
it feels great turning to stbd and about the same as before hydraulic
steering to the port, very stiff. Before I go back to the dealer,
would love some opinions on if this is normal. Thanks.

Set your engine trim tab to neutral first and see if that solves the
problem.

If not, then check the fluid level. Third, check to see if you have
fluid leaking from the cylinder. If it's not that, then the packing
on the port sides of the cylinder is too tight - that happened to me
a couple of years ago.

Those last three should be done by the dealer.

Hydraulic steering -rick- General 3 February 10th 05 06:43 AM
Hydraulic Steering vs. cable - Opinions CCred68046 General 1 July 4th 04 03:24 PM
Do large outboards need hydraulic steering? tbd General 7 July 3rd 04 05:17 PM
cable steering Gregory McGuire General 1 June 8th 04 12:52 AM
Hydraulic steering for a 40ft cat? Michal Electronics 0 March 8th 04 03:12 AM